PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1 Year Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGabriel2007

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a while because honestly I thought the board got way too dumbed down in bashing other teams and players, talking about the video camera incident and just generally was not why I enjoy watching football and the entertainment it brings to me...

How do you guys feel about the Spygate now though? It seems like when the Pats were 17-0, 18-0 it kinda died down a little and the talk was more about if they were gonna make history or not (with some "they are dirty!", "they runup the score!" thrown in)

How do you feel about it now? I have to admit it does bother me a little that many many opposing fans and even some well respected former players find the Patriots accomplishments to be somewhat tainted. The team accomplished so much this decade and its just amazing to look at their record and accomplishments since the Brady Era started. I think Belichick and the organization can redeem themselves and somewhat validate previous success by winning a few more superbowls between now and 2013 (When his contract supposedly expires), however, if they don't win another title (very easy to not win considering how competitive NFL is) then that will just lend more credibility and ammunition for the doubters.

I hate to bringup this crap again, but anyone who says it hasn't been frustrating for their experience as an NFL fan is probably lying. As well prepared, hard working and great of a coach as Belichick probably is, he really left himself open for tons of criticism on this one and I just don't see it going away...

I hate that that old bitter Bob Ryan might of had a point when he said Belichick has put Patriots fans on the defensive for the rest of their lives (that is WAY too over the top considering I doubt I'd really be too on the defensive about a sport, an organization I have no affiliation with)....

I think the fact they are the first great team in this new media driven era has made them more polarizing than any other team so that is a huge part of it obviously....

Last edited:
I haven't posted here in a while because honestly I thought the board got way too dumbed down in bashing other teams and players, talking about the video camera incident and just generally was not why I enjoy watching football and the entertainment it brings to me...

How do you guys feel about the Spygate now though? It seems like when the Pats were 17-0, 18-0 it kinda died down a little and the talk was more about if they were gonna make history or not (with some "they are dirty!", "they runup the score!" thrown in)

How do you feel about it now? I have to admit it does bother me a little that many many opposing fans and even some well respected former players find the Patriots accomplishments to be somewhat tainted. The team accomplished so much this decade and its just amazing to look at their record and accomplishments since the Brady Era started. I think Belichick and the organization can redeem themselves and somewhat validate previous success by winning a few more superbowls between now and 2013 (When his contract supposedly expires), however, if they don't win another title (very easy to not win considering how competitive NFL is) then that will just lend more credibility and ammunition for the doubters.

I hate to bringup this crap again, but anyone who says it hasn't been frustrating for their experience as an NFL fan is probably lying. As well prepared, hard working and great of a coach as Belichick probably is, he really left himself open for tons of criticism on this one and I just don't see it going away...

I hate that that old bitter Bob Ryan might of had a point when he said Belichick has put Patriots fans on the defensive for the rest of their lives (that is WAY too over the top considering I doubt I'd really be too on the defensive about a sport, an organization I have no affiliation with)....

I think the fact they are the first great team in this new media driven era has made them more polarizing than any other team so that is a huge part of it obviously....

Dumbed down........

i haven't posted here in a while because honestly i thought the board got way too dumbed down in bashing other teams and players, talking about the video camera incident and just generally was not why i enjoy watching football and the entertainment it brings to me...

How do you guys feel about the spygate now though? It seems like when the pats were 17-0, 18-0 it kinda died down a little and the talk was more about if they were gonna make history or not (with some "they are dirty!", "they runup the score!" thrown in)

how do you feel about it now? ......................................

what a dummy

I think Pats fans are on the defensive since the Snow Bowl and tuck rule.

I'm pretty sick of ESPN and the sensationalist reporters.

I think Tomase got off kind of easy.

The commish is like a vigilante.

I just want to enjoy a football game and not hear the foolish attention getting stories.

Just wait to the trolls come back especially the week of the Jets game. they'll still come

Somebody left the basement door open .....

what to you mean by all this NFL is a freaking business ....

Then dont bring it up again...duh.

Tough crowd....

Just saying it is pretty annoying and as fellow fans of the team, I just wanted to gauge everyones opinions. I do think the defensive started with the tuck rule, people never fully embraced this team but that is more of a function of society digesting things quickly and wanting to move onto the next thing I think.

Tough crowd....

Just saying it is pretty annoying and as fellow fans of the team, I just wanted to gauge everyones opinions. I do think the defensive started with the tuck rule, people never fully embraced this team but that is more of a function of society digesting things quickly and wanting to move onto the next thing I think.

I don't give a rat's ass what people think about what I wear, say or do, so why should I care what people think about the football team I prefer to follow?

i think most of us have moved on

Doug Gabriel 2007? Wow... way off on that one too.

Made the name as a joke....

Sounds like most of you have moved on...I actually was fine with it for a while but lately with the season starting up its kinda resurfaced and its like ughh, this garbage again....

I don't give a ratginas ass about any of it anymore.

I am ready for some football and to see this team erase all doubts about what dynasty is the greatest of them all.

I have NO doubt, when Tom Brady is through - he will be the greatest of all time.

I am poised and ready for the second half of his career.

History unfolding right before our very eyes, enjoy the ride.

Made the name as a joke....

Sounds like most of you have moved on...I actually was fine with it for a while but lately with the season starting up its kinda resurfaced and its like ughh, this garbage again....

when and where has it resurfaced?

In the media, amongst fans, etc now that the season is upon us? Anyways, I guess the thread was off a little and nobody really feels that way....Thats cool..

See ya next year.

In the media, amongst fans, etc now that the season is upon us? Anyways, I guess the thread was off a little and nobody really feels that way....Thats cool..

In the media? Now? Must be you dont know who Brett Favre is.

i dont care about ny media sensationalism or the moronic fans who take their nonsense as gospel, history will judge this team on wins and losses, not an out of place cameraman

At least change your name if you want us to take you seriously.

Fair enough.....

I'm also looking forward to the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes