PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#1 Seed - (merged playoff speculation threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said the Bengals loss hurt. It hurt a possibility for a #1 seed. It hurt for Cincinnati knocking the Jets out of the playoffs all together which I might be the best thing we can look forward to. Another potential 1 and done, would be depressing.

So you are not just a Patriot hater, you hate your Jets too? Seriously, since you know the Pats are one a done anyway, why not just stop watching and focus more time on your miserable pathetic life? No one here really needs your negative stupidity here. You bring absolutely nothing to this board other than your Jets fan, bomb the board agenda.

We have to get a higher seed than baltimore- somehow. They are incredibly tough to plat at home.

A number 2 seed would not be bad as lomg as baltimore is not number 1.

We have to get a higher seed than baltimore- somehow. They are incredibly tough to plat at home.

A number 2 seed would not be bad as lomg as baltimore is not number 1.

That's dripping with irony, since they seem to do just fine in the Playoffs in Foxboro as well. Remember 33--14?

This has been discussed before and each time I get more confused, I still have no idea who gets the tiebreaker between us and Houston. So are you sure?

Let's say us, Houston, and one of Pit/BAL win out and finish 13-3. What would be our seeding in those scenarios (1 with Pit and 1 with BAL)?

I would HOPE at least a 2 seed I think they said it comes down to strength of victory between us and Houston?
Right now, Houston owns the tiebreaker due to a higher SOV but if all teams win out, Balt gets #1 seed based on higher SOV ( it goes to this tiebreaker since all 3 teams Balt/Hou/NE) will have identical conference records at 10-2.
Hou has to face Indy which will hurt their SOV and put it below the Pats SOV

I'm going to be a contrarian here and suggest that having an extra week to stew over two consecutive home playoff losses and the lack of any playoff wins since 2007/08 might not be all that great a thing.

Sure, the CW is that the extra week allows players to recover from some injuries and gives the coaching staff a chance to install a better game plan, but, let's be honest about it, there didn't seem to be much of a game plan v. the Jets last January.

I'd rather see this team go into the playoffs with a chip on its shoulder on Wild Card weekend than from the lofty perch of a Bye.

Last edited:
I'm going to be a contrarian here and suggest that having an extra week to stew over two consecutive home playoff losses and the lack of any playoff wins since 2007/08 might not be all that great a thing.

Sure, the CW is that the extra week allows players to recover from some injuries and gives the coaching staff a chance to install a better game plan, but, let's be honest about it, there didn't seem to be much of a game plan v. the Jets last January.

I'd rather see this team go into the playoffs with a chip on its shoulder on Wild Card weekend than from the lofty perch of a Bye.

miserable miserable miserable person ..

Hey Robo, shut your pie hole, you pathetic clown.

This has been discussed before and each time I get more confused, I still have no idea who gets the tiebreaker between us and Houston. So are you sure?

Let's say us, Houston, and one of Pit/BAL win out and finish 13-3. What would be our seeding in those scenarios (1 with Pit and 1 with BAL)?

I would HOPE at least a 2 seed I think they said it comes down to strength of victory between us and Houston?

I can never figure this stuff out either. Here are the two links that I hit whenever I'm feeling obsessive enough to try to figure it out without waiting for an article or something to read or watch.

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

2011 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN

Good luck. I usually get a headache and decide to wait for the article. Despite abundant good intentions, many of the postings about this on this or any Board are just as likely to be wrong as they are to be right.

#3 Patriots vs. #6 Jets, Wild Card Weekend in Foxboro. Just a gut feeling.

Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you kiddin' me?......Playoffs?

Bad defense, no running game.........again.

Is there any reason we should expect a different outcome this year come January?

#3 Patriots vs. #6 Jets, Wild Card Weekend in Foxboro. Just a gut feeling.

Disagree. I'd bet that the Jets will lose to at least one of the Eagles, Giants or Dolphins. If they lose to the Eagles or Giants, they could easily lose two more.

Re: Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you kiddin' me?......Playoffs?

Yes. Despite yesterdays performance, their 3rd down D, red zone D and pass rush are improved over last year's team

Law Firm hasn't been the same since he hurt his toe. OL misses Vollmer's run blocking. We're more effective running with Vollmer at RT and Solder at TE. The run on 3rd and one on the drive before that ended with an int. surprised me. We haven't been that good on short yardage lately.

According to ESPN's playoff machine, a Baltimore loss to an AFC team, say the Chargers, makes New England the #1 seed with Houston the #2 seed.

So, just one game, Chargers over Baltimore (which could easily happen) and the Patriots get the top seed.

Most likely we'll be one and done again, but there's not much you can do but hope for the best.

I know right..I looked at the score board and saw all them yards the D gave up and was like, dang, we lost..then I realized that you dont win or lose based on yards given up. Strange huh?

I know right..I looked at the score board and saw all them yards the D gave up and was like, dang, we lost..then I realized that you dont win or lose based on yards given up. Strange huh?

And they'll probably be facing better QB's than Rex Grossman, Dan Orlovsky and Tyler Palko in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Yes. Despite yesterdays performance, their 3rd down D, red zone D and pass rush are improved over last year's team

I want to have faith, I honestly can't see this D stopping a playoff caliber team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back