Welcome to PatsFans.com

1 more Dead US Soldier

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jun 22, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

3. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I believe it is called Bataan Death March.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

How many times have I told you, I had a hard time getting out of Grummer school, I was in the sevinth grade for four years.

Batten is in Alalska.

6 donkeys were killed in Bagdahd by a car bomber
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

NEM ---

You want me to add commentary, but what more is there to write about?

Our American boys are dying in Iraq and these right-wing Republicans insist on keeping them there to fulfill their political agenda.

If you find the thread title offensive, then it has serve its purpose.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  6. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

So you use their deaths to assist your political agenda? You are carefull to only post the ones that fit into your agenda. It is also wrong to use them to further your agenda when you do not know what their opinion of the war was. You insult every soldier that died believing they were there for the right reasons and gave their life for that cause.
  7. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you---I'm glad i was not the only one thinking those exact thoughts. Thats how people like Cindy Sheehan can sit there and spit on her sons grave and drag that fine young man thru the dirt, just so she caqn have a few minutes of fame. It disgusts me
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  8. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Just stating what should be obvious.
  9. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not going to go into it with you on this subject NEM..I might say something we both will regret.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

It's not the war, It's the HATRED FOR GW BUSH.
  11. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Those two are one in the same.

I think you would be happy to turn the mid-east into glass, getting the oil after that would be hazardous.
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

And I am sure you could line up a 100's of mothers of fallen soldiers that would like to slap the taste out of that *****es mouth.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Liberals love Sheehan because she is a "Professional Bush Hater", she is a disgrace to her dead son, her family and her country, she loves the Limelight.
  14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Harry, has it ever crossed what passes for your mind, that those who want to bring Americans home primarily want to bring Americans home? Can't we substitute any right wing, red-faced, fist-pumping idiot for "Cindy Sheehan" as regards the limelight? You could make the argument for anybody who is featured in the media, that that person just "loves the limelight." These figures appear all along the political spectrum. Why do some "love the limelight" and others are okay?

Fact is, I believe she does like being public about her beliefs. I don't believe she would choose to lose a son to acquire her "celebrity," but I do believe she thinks she is doing the right thing now that she has it. Princess Di didn't "just love the limelight" and therefore campaign against discarded landmines and munitions. She found herself with an opportunity to do something relevant with a position of visibility, and she used it. I have no problem with either, although I don't believe either offers special analytical insight based on who they were. That is simply how the media work.

As to whether liberals just "hate Bush," which seems to be a refrain from the Right Wing (as in, "it's just a personal vendetta, how can anybody be against the stellar record of this man????") I don't hate Bush. I do hate unnecessary deaths and heartless approaches to the American agenda, and I do love civil liberties and the constitution, so I would not vote for Bush.

A disgrace is lowering American standards of humanity both at home and abroad, and wrapping yourself in the flag to justify it. The "pure and simple truth" is seldom pure, and never simple, I've heard it said.

Somebody needs to tell that to the Foxites, the Republicans, and the bellicose Right. The Center's already gotten the message... have fun in November ;)

PFnV
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Has it crossed your mind that when the left demands that we bring our troops home now, and that the Iraq campaign is a waste, that we are saying to the soldiers & families of the dead and wounded, that their sacrifices for this country are meaningless. That doesn't sit well with many.

Did you know that most of the wounded have volunteered to go back to Iraw. These people believe in their mission and what they are accomplishing. They see their efforts and sacrifice being denigrated and undermined by the left in this country.
  16. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I don't think so, they are the ones that know what is best for all of us. And those soldiers you speak of are victims of the rovian brainwashing conspiracy.
  17. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I believe she became a "Bush Hater" after her son was killed in Iraq.

It is hard to predict how a parent would react to the death of a child.

It depends on circumstances.

Take your case for instance. If one of your 3 sons were beheaded in Iraq, I doubt if you would become a "Bush Hater" since you will still have 2 other sons.

But if it is your only child who is beheaded, then I wouldn't know how you would handle it.

So it's tough to pass judgement on Ms. Sheehan.

She has to confront her nightmare every time she goes to sleep.

It's tough.

Just thank God every night that you have 3 wonderful sons and grandchildren to look after you.

18. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Nem I am not trying to start a pissing contest, but you just equated losing a son/daughter with loosing a pet aardvark. That isn't cool and that is not twisting your words either. I hope you meant something different and make a correction.

Once again I think your intentions were not to do that but that is what you did!
  19. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

You don't have children do you Mikey?

I doubt it because if you did you wouldn't have just assumed that because you have two left the death of one is no big deal.

Do you go out of your way to be so stupid and ignorant? And anyone who has children will agree with me, every child is unique and each share your entire heart.

I won't even touch the political side of your idiotic post, I hope this finally shows everyone what an idiot and piece of **** you truly are!

For the record anyone who supports this comment:
    "Take your case for instance. If one of your 3 sons were beheaded in Iraq, I doubt if you would become a "Bush Hater" since you will still have 2 other sons."

Is a f*cking disgusting human being!

Mikey you are a truly sorry human!
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

patsfans, that is a good argument. Nobody wants their loved ones' sacrifices to be in vain. The logical extension of that argument, however, is that once one individual dies, the next several thousand are immediately justified so that the first death is not in vain. I would approach international relations less emotionally and more clear-headed than I would a friendly poker game, because of the deadly serious nature of the endeavor. And I would not put ten bucks in the pot because my hand was good four cards ago, in a friendly poker game.

There must be an objective beyond fighting on, and dying on, in memory of those who have died before. Otherwise the logic is circular and self-sustaining. It is also, in the case of foreign entanglements, self-defeating.

It's not that people don't feel and respect the pain felt by the families, it's that they don't want more pain felt by more families, particularly when the stated reasons for these sacrifices evaporate daily like so many desert mirages.

PFnV