PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1 game scouting report TE Kellen Davis MIchigan State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
As I get more frustrated with Ben Watson's lack of any real blocking ability and his constant trips to the trainer's table, I start to turn my attention to the tight end position.
Davis is about 6'4" or so and about 250 plus pounds. He runs fairly well and has decent hands. His blocking is never going to rival Graham's or Brady's but with a couple of season;s with Woicik, I think he could be better than Watson. His route running is above average for a college TE. But the thing that impresses me is his ability to get open/find dead spots in the defense. If Hoyer was more accurate, he could easily have doubled his catch and yardage totals.
Another thing that impresses me is that Michigan state will sometimes use him as a DE in passing situatutions. Again versatility is something BB looks for.

Good call Ochmed. Watched the PSU/Mich St game. He looks to be an excellent receiver. I didn't watch his blocking as much. Was watching PSU defense more than him. But, he looked good. Also, MSU fb and wr looked good. J.Caulcrick - sr fb 255lb looked good. Could be a short-yardage back in the NFL. D.Thomas jr - wr absolutely killed us. As have most decent wr's.
J.King might be the most over-rated player in the country. I think Dan Connor can play ilb for us. Not sure how high I would go to get him. But, he can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes