Welcome to PatsFans.com

1/29 Press Conferences

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by andrewgarrr, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wes Welker just said he plans on being back next season.

I'm sure the whole team is totally focused on the game, so I thought it interesting he let out anything about his contract situation.

2. TheBeers

TheBeers Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

Well to be fair he was asked about his contract situation.. he deflected it, and then said he thought he'd be back.

3. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was he asked the question or did he bring the subject up on his own?

I am guessing that the was asked the question. Presuming that is the case, then that is pretty much the best answer he could give, would you not agree?

If he said anything else it would just lead to speculation that he plans on leaving.

Besides, it's really a moot point. Worse case scenario is that the Patriots place the franchise tag on him next season while they work out a contract. Remember all the speculation that Vince Wilfork was unhappy and was going to leave two years ago, the 'disconnect' between Tom Brady and Robert Kraft that some yahoo sportswriter wrote about and was accepted by many to be fact, and all the angst over Logan Mankins' contract situation prior to this season?

4. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Meaning he's thinks he'll be franchised. :D

5. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +493 / 8 / -6

#12 Jersey

We haven't been here in so long that I kind of forgot what the media schedule is for the players during the week before the game. How much time are the Pats required to meet with the media and be interviewed? I ask because I wonder how much more preparation time they'll have before the game.

6. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If I recall correctly the teams have to make a certain number of players available for interviews each day. Most of the typical film study, installing the game plan, and running those plays in practice happens in the first week between games (last week) when the teams are still back at their own facility. They still have practices this week, but the majority of the preparation is already done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.