PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1/1 Mock from GBN (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
GBN has a New Year's mock up for us junkies..Interesting pick for us...

R.Clady - T Boise St.

I'm sure Tom Brady would be happy with that pick. Still think we need defense more. Though, I could see that happening if we keep Asante.
My top 3 needs in order.

1. Edge pass-rusher. Need to get to qb to get our defense off the field.

2. CB - I'm assuming Asante walks.

3. T - I think we could use a good, young one.

http://www.gbrreport.com/2008projection.html

Re: 1/1 Mock from GBN

This pick would not be an awful pick provided the rest of the draft

concentrated on the defense. Three offensive linemen last year

were a waste of draft picks.

I saw Clady play not that long ago and thought he looked pretty good so I posted a question about him perhaps being a better fit than Long for us because he was more accustomed to pass blocking.

Somebody else, I believe Ochmed Jones (sorry if the screen name is wrong), said he was awful in their bowl game against E. Carolina which I missed.

I still hope they trade down and go defense.

I thought, early in the season, before O-Linemen started getting nicked, or out totally that our O-Line was phenomenal. Brady commonly had 5-10 seconds to pass, and Morris was running just fine (Maroney was still getting over the offseason medical stuff). If fact I seem to remember announcers commenting on how clean Brady's jersey was because of not being touched. This was despite him dropping back 30-50 times per gamein those first 8 or so games.

So I think when healthy, our starting O-line is one of the best in the league. I hope we don't spend a day 1 pick fixing what ain't broke.

So I think when healthy, our starting O-line is one of the best in the league. I hope we don't spend a day 1 pick fixing what ain't broke.

Oh, I think Nick Kazcur is definitely broke.

Yes I thought Clady had a bad game against ECU earlier this bowl season. I look at this guy and I see decent athleticism and decent feet, but I do not see a polished pass blocker. I do not see a complicated pass blocking scheme. I do not see anything even remotely resembling road grading ability in the running game.
If he comes out, we do not get to see him at the senior bowl, so we really do not know how he would compete against top level competition.
I am not sold on him at this point.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with your #1 need for us - the edge pass rusher.

I think Thomas needs to go back inside (he seems to be constantly stuck on a block on every long run we have given up the past 5 weeks.) and let Vrabel and Colvin (if he returns) seal the ends on running plays. The edge pass rusher would be ideal on third and long.
If BB decides that Long of Virginia or Gholston of OSU or Groves of Auburn or Davis of UCLA or head case Blake of TCU or whomever is that guy, then I am all for picking a pass rusher early in this draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back