PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'06 Afccg

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGabriel2007

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone watch it on NFLN tonight?

I watched it again (first time since it happened), finally brought myself to watch it and still believe the offense lost us this game and not the defense. Anyways heres a few observations...

1. After the Colts offensive onslaught of 3 straight TDs, their next 3 possessions the D only gaveup 1 FG and the offense continually did not turn short fields into more than 3 points or even 0...Asking the D to stop manning that final time was not even fair as they were exhausted and had already comeup big in the 4th Q at that point. 71 yards total offense in the 2nd half before the final drive when they got 34...105 total, pretty pathetic...

2. Watching Brady try to make due with those WRs and RBs around him then was pretty painful compared to this year. Its night and day how easy playing QB is for him now compared to then. He used to have to make some incredible throws just to pickup 8 yards last year...

3. Our pass rush in the 4th Q was very good, if we get a lead in this game I like our chances to put some pressure on Manning with Sey, Green, Warren, Vrabel and Colvin...

4. For that game to even be close shows how much better a coach Belichick is than Dungy considering the disparity in talent level at that time...

I have that game on my tivo, and I still haven't watched it a second time......

I haven't watched it a second time either. What would be the point?

Eh, there isn't a huge point to watch it or anything but it is interesting to see how different of a team the Pats are from last year and how undermanned they were vs Indy and still almost won the game. It actually made me like their chances even more in this game than I already did...

I agree that the offense blew that game, especially when you consider one of the TDs was a defensive TD (Samuel's INT return).

Three plays stand out for me:

1. penalty on Troy brown for pushing off costs us points
2. non call against Hayden in the end zone on Caldwell.
3. failure to convert a third and short, Brady to Brown

I watched it sober for the first time and it was sobering.

my thoughts are contained herein:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65736

After watching it last night I am being a p***Y of a fan and conceding defeat. As you may or may not know, I have focused my efforts on having the best tailgate ever TAILGATE41.5.

I am confident that my tailgate will be Patriot07 like and yours Miami Dolphin07 like in its scope and ability to crush you on every level.

The game is a secondary player to my tailgate Sunday.. you are now free to move about to sixteen and oh.

I watched it, and what still kills me is the 12 men in the huddle penalty. I think our chances were very good at picking up a first down, but when we had to go 15 yards, it was much harder. We took so little time off the clock. Ugh.

I haven't watched it a second time either. What would be the point?

The point is you see how much the Patriots really dominated the game early with next to nobody there and just barely lost.

To refresh your memory the starting OLB was Tully Banta Cain. The starting safeties were Atrell Hawkins and James Sanders. Seymour had the gimpy knee and Alexander was the starting ILB.

On the offensive side Caldwell was the #1 WR with Troy Brown the #2 WR who swapped off with Jabar Gaffney. Maroney played hurt and was COMPLETELY ineffective.

With all that said the Patriots still just lost the game in the final 2 minutes. If that doesn't give you a boost for Sunday I don't know what will.

That game will help serve as a big clue to the outcome of Sunday's game - the Pats are going to blow Indy out of the water. Honestly. Usually I get a little nervous about the Colts but even with their best team, IMO, we are going to crucify these guys in their house.

You think the Pats are scary now? Wait til about 7:30pm Sunday night.

I watched it sober for the first time and it was sobering.

my thoughts are contained herein:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65736

After watching it last night I am being a p***Y of a fan and conceding defeat. As you may or may not know, I have focused my efforts on having the best tailgate ever TAILGATE41.5.

I am confident that my tailgate will be Patriot07 like and yours Miami Dolphin07 like in its scope and ability to crush you on every level.

The game is a secondary player to my tailgate Sunday.. you are now free to move about to sixteen and oh.

Haha, very nice...and yeah, I absolutely concede defeat to your tailgate. Please don't "run it up" by having TOO much fun, like getting celebrities to show up or taking a stripper home...that would just be rubbing it in, there.

I haven't watched the entirety of the game since last year. But from browsing some of the "highlights" it does seem to be on the offense. There were a lot of key incompletions that would have made the difference. I don't think those will happen this time.

IMO the worst thing to happen in that game was Asante's pick-6. It just changed the course of the game. Both teams had to go off of their gameplans at that point. If they were only down 11, the Colts wouldn't have shifted focus to Clark - they likely would have kept trying Marvin or Reggie.

Haha, very nice...and yeah, I absolutely concede defeat to your tailgate.

Conceding defeat is a classy thing to do! I appreciate that.

SEE I TOLD EVERYONE PATS FANS DO HAVE CLASS

( BTW I literally just tried to order a keg of Sam Adams in honor of the whole affair ...EGAD.. sorry price difference is too much to bear I hope thiose showing up like BudLite)

Conceding defeat is a classy thing to do! I appreciate that.

SEE I TOLD EVERYONE PATS FANS DO HAVE CLASS

( BTW I literally just tried to order a keg of Sam Adams in honor of the whole affair ...EGAD.. sorry price difference is too much to bear I hope thiose showing up like BudLite)

How much was it?

I had another thought, though, and I don't know if it's been posted before:

If the Pats had won that game, would they have gotten Stallworth, Welker, and Moss in the offseason? Some of them? All of them?

I can remember sitting there at 4am for this game gutted we surrendered it.

I have that game on my tivo, and I still haven't watched it a second time......

It would be like watching the Buckner replay....nothing changes....still goes through his legs every time....this year will cure all hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes