PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

05 vs 06 Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I realize that it's way too early to know which teams are going to surprise us by excelling when we expected them to flor or by flopping when we expected them to excel, but am I the only Pats fan to be cautiously happy with this year's schedule in relation to last year's?
--Opponents' stength of .473 vs. .553 last year?
--No "murderer's row" (including Carolina, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Denver) in the first two months, leading up to a showdown with the streaking Colts?
--Instead, games with the Lions, Packers, Titans and Texans?

I like the way the Patriots are "under the radar screen" these days, with people expressing all sorts of skepticism about their personnel moves and virtually ignoring them at the beginning of the season in favor of the "Manning Bowl," the "Revenge of TO," and the Season Opener. For the last three years, everything the team has done has been under the microscope. Now, maybe we have a chance to sneak up on a few people for a change...

What do all of you think?

Last edited:
PatsFanSince74 said:
I realize that it's way too early to know which teams are going to surprise us by excelling when we expected them to flor or by flopping when we expected them to excel, but am I the only Pats fan to be cautiously happy with this year's schedule in relation to last year's?
--Opponents' stength of .473 vs. .553 last year?
--No "murderer's row" (including Carolina, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Denver) in the first two months, leading up to a showdown with the streaking Colts?
--Instead, games with the Lions, Packers, Titans and Texans?

I like the way the Patriots are "under the radar screen" these days, with people expressing all sorts of skepticism about their personnel moves and virtually ignoring them at the beginning of the season in favor of the "Manning Bowl," the "Revenge of TO," and the Season Opener. For the last three years, everything the team has done has been under the microscope. Now, maybe we have a chance to sneak up on a few people for a change...

What do all of you think?

I still dont think the Pats sneak up on anybody. They are considered the best run organization in sports. While the Pats have the trifecta of Kraft, Belichick, and Pioli, I will even add Brady, people will always expect an excellent team from them.

Maybe if the Pats didn't have the purge they did this off-season people might say same old team. But it appears the Pats are trying to get younger with an influx of talent and they will have a new team that other teams are wary of.

while it will be hard to sneak up on the radar, there's clearly media fatigue with New England...ESPN and SI have done their focus group studies and people are sick of us. They hardly need added motivation after last year (let's not forget after 2002 they went 34-4), but I guarantee you BB is looking forward to this. everyone wants to be the underdog. The Pats don't deserve to be underdogs, but compared to last year, yeah, MUCH less hype -- and just in case any of the guys were wondering, no, they aren't invincible...Ozzy won't be hanging around Foxboro to distract 'em either ;)

Last edited:
the taildragger said:
while it will be hard to sneak up on the radar, there's clearly media fatigue with New England...ESPN and SI have done their focus group studies and people are sick of us. They hardly need added motivation after last year (let's not forget after 2002 they went 34-4), but I guarantee you BB is looking forward to this. everyone wants to be the underdog. The Pats don't deserve to be underdogs, but compared to last year, yeah, MUCH less hype -- and just in case any of the guys were wondering, no, they aren't invincible...Ozzy won't be hanging around Foxboro to distract 'em either ;)

Good point. And "media fatigue" is probably the best way to describe the relative "neglect" of the Pats in the national press. The other poster's comment that they don't "sneak up" on anybody is more than fair in that light.

But, when all is said and done, I like looking at a schedule where we can look at starting between 6--2 and 8--0 instead of hoping for 4--4 as we were by late October last year.

the taildragger said:

We'll be just another decent team that's still dangerous, but has had its run, as far as the media are concerned - unless we do reel off six or seven in a row. I think a lot of NFL fans are rooting for us to really be dead this time, like they have to bury the Pats at a crossroads with a stake in our hearts or something.

Well guys, you never know in a horror movie whether it's the beginning, middle, or end, until its over - and even then the seemingly dead monster rears up for one last big scare. And I don't think we're even done with the first reel yet.

Random thought of the day - lest we forget, by the end of the season, it could be "we were scared about Denver? It was Tennessee we should have been looking out for...."

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
We'll be just another decent team that's still dangerous, but has had its run, as far as the media are concerned - unless we do reel off six or seven in a row. I think a lot of NFL fans are rooting for us to really be dead this time, like they have to bury the Pats at a crossroads with a stake in our hearts or something.

Well guys, you never know in a horror movie whether it's the beginning, middle, or end, until its over - and even then the seemingly dead monster rears up for one last big scare. And I don't think we're even done with the first reel yet.

Random thought of the day - lest we forget, by the end of the season, it could be "we were scared about Denver? It was Tennessee we should have been looking out for...."

PFnV

absolutely agree that people want us dead, just like they wanted the old steelers, niners and boys dead. in all cases, they seemed to get their wish for a run of several years of "hibernation." but, i think, this team will be threatening to be in the SB for years. i've said many times out here that i think they'll win one or two more during the tenure of brady's contract (five years left). this team won't go into "hibernation" at long as bb and brady are around. could be "famous last words," but i'm sticking by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes