Welcome to PatsFans.com

“There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Iraq”

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Nov 2, 2006.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

“There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Iraqâ€

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/view.php?aid=5450

During his hour-and-a-half lecture – part of the launch of an interdisciplinary media and communications studies program called Media@McGill – Hersh described video footage depicting U.S. atrocities in Iraq, which he had viewed, but not yet published a story about.

He described one video in which American soldiers massacre a group of people playing soccer.

“Three U.S. armed vehicles, eight soldiers in each, are driving through a village, passing candy out to kids,†he began. “Suddenly the first vehicle explodes, and there are soldiers screaming. Sixteen soldiers come out of the other vehicles, and they do what they’re told to do, which is look for running people.â€

“Never mind that the bomb was detonated by remote control,†Hersh continued. “[The soldiers] open up fire; [the] cameras show it was a soccer game.â€

“About ten minutes later, [the soldiers] begin dragging bodies together, and they drop weapons there. It was reported as 20 or 30 insurgents killed that day,†he said.

If Americans knew the full extent of U.S. criminal conduct, they would receive returning Iraqi veterans as they did Vietnam veterans, Hersh said.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Re: “There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Iraqâ€

Great another left winger espresses his contempt for our military.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Re: “There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Iraqâ€

Did this guy just forget about what Sherman did to Atlanta? He should probably go in Kerry's box for a little while.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: “There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Ira

patsfan13, it must absolutely blow your mind to know that there are non-liberals who loathe our foreign policy and are able to see things objectively. That is, if you could ever come to that realization...

5. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have a real simple request to believe him....WHERE IS THE VIDEO? End of story. If he wants "Americans to know" the full extent of "US CRIMINAL CONDUCT" show the video...why doesn't he? IMO because it doesn't exist. I will go on record that with his verbage "criminal conduct" he should be strung up for slandering our troops unless he can produce this "video". He has an agenda and any here taking this guys "word" over our troops ethics (innocent until proven guilty right)...well expect it seems for our troops who have been pronounced murderers before thier trial on this board by posters and politicians alike) I stay out of the "you don't support our troops" BS usually, but comon anyone seeing this as anything other than what it is, a slam at Bush using our troops as fodder is blind.

6. pats-blue

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: “There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Ira

This guy is a non liberal? I don't care what his politics are he clearly has an agenda though...again where is the "video"? I think he is full of ****.

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

SY Hersch Objective??????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Next you'll tell us Noam Chomsky is objective :rolleyes:

If he had this so called tpae he wouldof produced it.

When US soldiers have violated the rules of engagement they have been tried and convicted as they should be. What annoys me are cowards who have never served thsi country and no nothing about the military believe any slander of the berave men and women who protect their worthless AS*.

:bricks:

BTW check the documentary call Obsession running on Fox and get back to us on that.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

I posted this on another thread, perhaps it is pertinent to post it here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15552388/

"So long as our government requires the backing of an aroused and informed public opinion ... it is necessary to tell the hard bruising truth."

That statement was written by Pulitzer Prize-winning war correspondent Marguerite Higgins more than a half-century ago during the Korean War.

But until recently, the "hard bruising" truth about the Iraq war has been difficult to come by from leaders in Washington. One rosy reassurance after another has been handed down by President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld: "mission accomplished," the insurgency is "in its last throes," and "back off," we know what we're doing, are a few choice examples.

Military leaders generally toed the line, although a few retired generals eventually spoke out from the safety of the sidelines, inciting criticism equally from anti-war types, who thought they should have spoken out while still in uniform, and pro-war foes, who thought the generals should have kept their critiques behind closed doors.

Now, however, a new chorus of criticism is beginning to resonate. Active-duty military leaders are starting to voice misgivings about the war's planning, execution and dimming prospects for success.

Army Gen. John Abizaid, chief of U.S. Central Command, told a Senate Armed Services Committee in September: "I believe that the sectarian violence is probably as bad as I've seen it ... and that if not stopped, it is possible that Iraq could move towards civil war."

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

The Japanese Army of the Nineteen Thirties could have shown this a$s hole some tricks he would have never forgotten.

He accomplished what he set out to do, he got his name in the paper and he probably got "atta boy" e-mails from George Soros/Murtha/Ted Turner.

F-cking slime bag scum Sh!t bastard pig skunk swine slop pus worm anti american dog sucker.
    :bricks:

11. pats-blue

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not sure what this has to do with this thread. There is a great deal of difference with military leaders believing there was poor planning and accussing troops of MURDERING people. This scumbag is accussing our troops of MURDERING people but provides not proof. He says he has seen this video yet if he had it he would have shown it. He is a LIAR. Your post belongs in a different thread. Read the title it isn't a statement of someone disagreeing with the implementation of the the Iraqi war, it is an accussation that our troops MURDERED innocent Iraqis......

12. pats-blue

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

When it is a bold face lie.

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

It is all connected, if we were not there and if this war was managed well from DC then a lot of these extraneous events might not be happening. This post was also in a different thread, however no one responded to it.

14. pats-blue

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You see that is my point on why it ISN'T connected. You are assuming it IS an ACTUAL event. I say it NEVER happened and this guy is a liar. I don't know HOW anyone can support these type of accussations towards our troops with no proof. WAIT, it isn't an accussation as some here seem to take it as a FACT this actually happened? THAT is quite a shame.

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

There are no assumptions, what has happened here is basically the same thing as what happened in Viet Nam.. not letting the Generals fight the war and taking directions from the non-combatants & wanna be's in DC sends mixed messages to the troops. Look at Abu Ghraib, Cheney's recent comments that water boarding is ok, GWB's rhetoric at various times.. it sends our troops a mixed message.. I know if the Generals had their way this whole thing would be done in a more consistent way and the message would be a whole lot clearer. Whether or not these events happened is not the issue, the issue is who is controlling this conflict and where is it being controlled from as well as what is the message to our troops??

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

This is a typical leftist ploy. They parade against the war, criticize excessive force, call our troops murderers, bemoan colateral damage, and side with the terrorists cuz we didn't give them there one phone call, yet, they then come with the BS about us not letting the Army do its job. HA! If we ever let the generals use the force they wanted to, there would be lefty masses in the streets calling us baby killers. Amazing that someone who opposes the war so strongly would actually use the criticism of not allowing the gloves to come off. Too funny.

17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Bush I's 90-something percent approval rating after Gulf War I pokes a rather big hole in that statement. Heck, Schwartzkoph was a national hero. I don't remember anyone in the media calling him a 'baby killer.'