Welcome to PatsFans.com

‘Anonymous’ dares the police

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

If we want transparency, it looks like we're going to get it. Very intriguing. Anarchistic. Cyberterrorism, but to what end? It has the potential to do good or bad, most likely both.

‘Anonymous’ defiant in the face of arrests | The Raw Story

SAN FRANCISCO — Notorious hacker group Anonymous posted a defiant message to police Thursday and boasted of plundering sensitive data from NATO computers.

"We are not scared anymore," read an online message that purported to be a response by Anonymous and splinter group Lulz Security.

"Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea... there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- you can possibly do to make us stop."

As if to underscore the point, a message posted at a Twitter account by "AnonymousIRC" claimed to have looted about a gigabyte of NATO data that even the rebel hacker group deemed too sensitive to release.

"Yes, we haz (sic) more of your delicious data," the Twitter post read. "You call it war; we laugh at your battleships."

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like these guys they get it, big corps and corrupt governments are all our enemy's! I applaud them and hope they tear **** up! We need people to stand up! We need people to take there blinders off.

3. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I agree with you, but I at some point I bet they'll do something annoying that I won't like but I'll have to respect.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +535 / 6 / -2

These guys should be found and put in jail. They hacked Sony and I was without the psn network for a month plus. Screw them, I hope they get caught and go to jail.

5. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Yeah, what we need is more big government control. You tell 'em, RW!

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That logic also implies that the Murdoch phone-hacking scandal also has the potential to do good or bad. Do you feel that same way about that, or are you going to be hypocritical?

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Anonymous seems be striking against the power elite, in the same way that someone like James O'Keefe does. I think that's good. I don't think you can say that about Murdoch. He is part of the elite, and has been trying to buy power.

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Translation: Violating the law to go against certain groups is OK, violating the same laws to do the same thing to other groups isn't.

Thanks for showing us all you really do believe some are more equal than others. I couldn't make this stuff up.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I support civil disobedience, but I also included right wing examples, such as James O'Keefe. I think such forms of politics are healthy to a point. After all, it's civil disobedience that got us gay rights, civil rights, women's rights, worker's rights, and so on.

10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Suggestion: If you hear about or know about people belonging to cowardly groups like these or wikileaks, report them! That is the fate they deserve.

These people just want to dismantle the status quo and tear apart society to achieve their goals...whatever they may be. Since they're not brave enough to proclaim exactly what their goals are, it benefits all of us to help identify these scum-bags.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Now they should go after that incompetent bewildered clown we have in the white house, America, it's economy and it's society are being destroyed.

If these guys don't like Battleships why don't they Hack The Commander In Chiefs e-mail he is the War Monger who keeps the Bush wars and his own wars going.

Barack Hussein Obama doesn't have the expierance to run a gas station let alone a country.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  12. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Liberals think that large institutions are actually compotent enough to enact sweeping agendas for what they feel is good or ill. Conservatives know that large institutions are mostly inefficient which is why we want smaller government.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +535 / 6 / -2

Say what? So the government policing people who illegally hack into personal accounts is more government control? I guess if someone hacks into your personal accounts, you won't call the police. You'll actually send out an email to them, celebrating their violation of your personal life, and the damage that results from it. :rolleyes:

Bingo. We can go through issue after issue where which this double standard is applied. Afterall, it's not illegal, to be an illegal in Massachusetts. ;)

When these people hack into the government system and give traffic camera tickets to all the beaurowenies who signed off on traffic light camera's, then we might find some common ground. However, when they hack into private companies, steal personal data like my credit card information, and knock out a network millions of customers enjoy after a long days work, they can go **** themselves. Challenging the police for doing their job is not the type of hacking that should be celebrated. Challenging the police because they won't release a video of brutality, or to expose corruption might be different. Either way the act of hacking shouldn't go unpunished. If someone signs a confidentiality agreement, and renegs, I think it's fair to compliment the whistle blower, while simutaneously understanding that the breach of contract shouldn't go unpunished.

14. Ilikehappyppl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can only imagine what you went though with your PSN being down, I'm sure you RW and all the other 13 year old fat kids where in disarray....

BTW the hackers don't mess with the small people, they're not worth there time.

Also stealing food cause your greedy is a crime, stealing cause your poor and need to eat is surviving, there are different rules for different circumstances nothing is black and white, everything has context.

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Crime is crime, no matter what the cause. We don't make exceptions based upon EXCUSES.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Liberals are great with "excuses" especially when they slobber over criminals and people who HATE America.

Illegal Aliens are criminals, Liberals love them.

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Actually, people's motivations in committing crimes often are taken into account, either in the charges themselves or the jury's finding.

(and "crime is crime" really isn't an absolute, either. Laws change, and laws go unenforced when police or prosecutors realize the laws are outdated or their priorities change.)

18. Ilikehappyppl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's where me and you will always disagree, I'm open minded and you have yours all ready made up.....

Everything has context, to view the world in black and white is just plain ignorance but I hear its bliss?

Crime is not always a crime, sometimes its necessary to break the law to achieve your end, just like it was a LAW for blacks and women not be vote, or to be able to drink or use a restroom......Or how about a law for slavery???

Just because its a law don't make it right or just....

Cat got your tongue?:rocker:

Edit: Imo, if someone is doing something to better their people and their world, I don't care if they break laws, if someone is breaking a law for selfishness and greed then I have a problem.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Including tax returns......