Week 4 Sweet 16
Ok, the madness has to stop. Two games that were, on the last play, decided by bad calls. Yes, after watching the Ravens-Patriots ending about 25 times, especially from that camera shot from a fan behind the end zone, which was a perfect angle to see it, it was clear that it was a miss. Even the Ravens fans on the tape said it was no good, but that "I'll take it!" And obviously, the Packers got hosed last night big-time.
Otherwise, a crazy week in the NFL, with teams you just don't expect to lose going down in flames (hello San Fran and New Orleans).
1. Houston (+1) - Undefeated, hammering everyone in sight. Easy division, so they're very much on track for the #1 seed. The Patriots are going to have to win that matchup later on in the season.
2. Atlanta (+1) - Also undefeated, just beat up the previously undefeated Chargers really badly this week, in San Diego no less.
3. NY Giants (+4) - Abused the Panthers on the road on Thursday night, looking like a dominant team in the process. Here come the defending champs.
4. San Francisco (-3) - Not a good game this week for them at all.
5. Green Bay (-1) - Can't penalize them too badly when the game clearly was stolen from them by the refs.
6. New England (--) - Sorry, but they beat the Ravens on Sunday night. The kick was no good. And if the refs get that right, we're talking about what a great and gutsy win it was for this team on the road against a terrific opponent. Not going to drop them. I think they're about to get on a roll.
7. Baltimore (+1) - Didn't beat the Pats, but get credit for the win on a missed call at the end. Still, a very tough team.
8. Arizona (+1) - I'd have them higher if the Pats and Packers had lost legitimately.
9. Buffalo (+4) - Beat up on lowly Cleveland, but they're here mainly because other teams (like Pittsburgh, San Diego, Denver, etc.) all lost.
10. Philadelphia (-5) - Still not really impressing me. Two very close, sloppy wins, and then getting drubbed by Arizona.
11. Dallas (+4) - Moving back up after a win against Tampa Bay at home. Still not convinced that they're elite.
12. Cincinnati (N/A) - Enters the sweet 16 after winning two straight. Beating Washington in D.C. is no joke.
13. Chicago (N/A) - Beat up on the Rams. Back in the poll. Not sure how long they'll stay here.
14. Minnesota (N/A) - Great, great win against San Francisco, and now sits at 2-1, surprisingly. Gotta give them props, and Christian Ponder is playing well.
15. Seattle (N/A) - Like the Ravens, they didn't deserve to win, but nonetheless, they're at 2-1 and they're a pain in the butt to play.
16. NY Jets (N/A) - I don't see them lasting long here with Revis done for the season, but they are tied for first in the AFCE at the moment.
Moving Up: Hou, Atl, NYG, Bal, Ari, Buf, Dal
Moving Down: SF, GB, Phi
Moving In: Cin, Chi, Min, Sea, NYJ
Moving Out: SD, Pit, Den, Was, Car
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 © Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.
We are not affiliated with the New England Patriots™ or the NFL™. The Photo Used In the header was taken by Ian Logue.
© Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.
This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC