My mock and draft notes
Here is my mock draft. I was torn on whether to flip McFadden and Gholston but I'll leave it like this.
For the Patriots I believe that if we stay at 7, the pick will come down to one of three players: Gholston, Albert and Keith Rivers. If going forward BB feels that Vrabel's best position is ILB, then I would expect Gholston (if he is there), but if they want to leave him at OLB then Rivers could very well be the pick if they are looking LB. We have been teased for years and never taken one early, so in my mock I will guess that we keep that trend going.
Two players I believe that we will pass up are Glen Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis. I know we could use some more depth on the DL, but are either of these guys good fits at the 3-4? Everything I have seen/read/heard points to no.
I also don't think we would pick DRC, you have to be impressed with his athleticism, but I just don't see us taking a risk with such a small school guy.
1. Miami - Jake Long OT Michigan
2. St. Louis- Chris Long DE/OLB Virginia
3. Atlanta- Glen Dorsey DT LSU
4. Oakland- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
5. Kansas City- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
6. New York Jets - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB Ohio State
7. New England - Brandan Albert OG/OT Virginia
8. Baltimore - Keith Rivers LB USC
9. Cincinnati - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
10. New Orleans - Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
11. Buffalo - Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
12. Denver - Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
13. Carolina - Derrick Harvey DE Florida
14. Chicago - Ryan Clady OT Boise State
15. Detroit - Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon State
16. Arizona- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
17. Kansas City - Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
18. Houston - Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
19. Philadelphia - Jarod Mayo LB Tennessee
20. Tampa Bay - DeSean Jackson WR California
21. Washington - Phillip Merling DE Clemson
22. Dallas - Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
23. Pittsburgh - Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
24. Tennessee - Aqib Talib CB Kansas
25. Seattle - Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina
26. Jacksonville - Calais Campbell DE Miami
27. San Diego - Kenny Phillips S Miami
28. Dallas - James Hardy WR Indiana
29. San Francisco - Quinton Groves LB Auburn
30. Green Bay - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
31. New York Giants - Dan Connor LB Penn State
Re: My mock and draft notes
I've seen a couple of other mocks that has the Pats taking Albert as well. The guy who doeas this mock also seems to know his stuff but is a bit under the radar!
I dont have enough posts to post links so you will have to add the www !!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.
We are not affiliated with the New England Patriots™ or the NFL™. The Photo Used In the header was taken by Ian Logue.
This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC