What money moves may be made or not??
I know McGinest is due with a bonus...correct?? Are there any other things similar with money due..or of restructures possible?? Any other things that may be done before free agency???? Things in the next month??
Release Starks, restructure Brady, restructure Colvin, release Poole.
MG's PLAN or MG's GUESS
1) McGinist - a must since the signing bonus is $3.5M for a total new money of $7M
2) Poole - will the team pay $500k on the chance that Poole makes the roster for a salary of $1.5M? Keeping him also risks paying him for another season on IR.
3) Vinitieri - Adam is free agent. We have to decide whether to franchise him at $3M+ or sign a new deal before March 2 or whether to let him be a FA
4) Starks - We are unlikely to pay him $3.6M, but now is not the time for the pressure. Certainly, this could happen
5) Other restructures - leave for end of August or perhaps at start of camp
ONE SCENARIO OF CAP EFFECTS BY MARCH 1
(assume #51 is at $400K)
Willie - new cap $2.5M savings $4.1M
Poole - cut savings $1.6M
Vinitieri -franchise add $2.6M
Starks - wait until camp 0
Total cap effect savings $3.1M
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 © Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.
We are not affiliated with the New England Patriots™ or the NFL™. The Photo Used In the header was taken by Ian Logue.
© Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.
This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC