My post game thoughts.....
1) Brady was "off" with passes all night......missed alot of golden opportunities......watch for some post-season shoulder surgery or something there......he is still not right in my opinion.....
2) The officiating was the WORST I have ever seen in professional sports......WE DID NOT lose the game solely because of DESPICABLE, one sided, and ludicrous officiating.....but it sure helped the Bronc's prevail
3) We SHOT OURSELVES IN THE FOOT nearly every time we touched the ball........this is the PRIMARY reason for losing this game. The Broncs didn't beat us in this game IMHO......WE BEAT OURSELVES.
4) Our offensive line played like crap last night......did we miss Kaczur? I don't know....either way we need to fix some problems for next year.......(I know Light was out...but we need to address some other weaknesses (Neal perhaps)...........referring to #1 above......I know alot of you will say that the reason Brady was so "off" last night was because he was pressured all game.....and that was part of it.....but watching the ball flight on his passes....and just the downright inaccuracy even when he has time......something ain't right in that shoulder...we shall see this offseason...
5) Asante......great play last night......you got ******ed on the interference call, and played like a champ all night.....hat's off to you
6) Ben Watson.....what else can be said...other than you are a TRUE competitor...and A TRUE PATRIOT.......one of the greatest plays in Pats history IMHO.....I know it gave them the ball at the one yrd line.....so "so what".....but if that ball had been called out through the endzone.....could have been incredible......great, great hustle......looking on to many more great plays and memories from Mr. Watson.
7) Corey D.........How much more zip is left in the engine....is he hurt .....or just starting to fade......alot of questions at RB this offseason
8) Kevin Faulk unfortuneatly fumbles during KEY moments in BIG TIME games.....he is a tremendous talent when used "SPORADICALLY"....give him the rock ALOT.....and you will eventually get what we got last night. I am not faulting him in the least....but lets be honest....a guy that "fumble prone" should not be carrying the ball that much in a BIG game such as this....I would have rather seen them give Heath the bulk of the carries if Dillon couldn't go...and throw Faulk in there every so often......
9) Richard Seymour....please SIGN him to a long contract...he is so vital to this D.
10) Willie...I hope you can come back one more year......you are a fantastic competitor and one of the GREATEST pats of all time.....true class act
*) Congrats to the Broncos....and best of luck in the remaining playoffs......you got away with one last night....hopefully you do something with it
Agree, the zip doesn't seem to be there in Tom's arm. A solid running game will protect him and the Defense. I hope it will be priority number in the off season.
The Broncos future doesn't look good if they let an out of synch offense which didn't have the ball much of the second half run up 460 yards on them. Peyton is going to filet them.
Getting a clock grinding stud RB is a high priority next year....and I vehemently disagree with those who say we need to get rid of Faulk, he is a HUGE asset to this team when used properly.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 © Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.
We are not affiliated with the New England Patriots™ or the NFL™. The Photo Used In the header was taken by Ian Logue.
© Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.
This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC