2005 Admit your mistakes thread
It's good for the soul, time to come clean on things you were wrong about concerning this years Pats. I'll begin.
1. I thought Willie would have nothing left in the tank this year.
2. Was convinced that Ben Watson would be all pro this year.
3. Thought Tyrone Poole would be an above average CB.
4. I also thought David Terrell would revive his career here in NE.
On the other side of the ledger, as soon as I read that #54 was PUP instead of IR, I KNEW he would be back this year.
Happy New Year Ladies and Gents, let's hope the Pats make this winter an historic one.
1) Thought moving Vrabel inside would be a big mistake. Wrongo.
2) I thought Beisel would pick up the defense eventually and be a "Tedy Jr."
3) I thought Tyrone Poole would make it through 4 whole games before getting his hangnail.
4) I thought Corey would look better than he has. :(
5) I thought we might finally shake this damn injury bug and we wouldn't have to hear the word "patchwork" regarding our defense again this year.
6) I thought Asante would elevate his performance from last year and start sniffing the 'elite' catagory, instead he seemed to go backwards.
7) I was SURE that we'd never see Troy Brown on defense again.
8) I thought we'd finally get to see whatever it is that Belichick sees in Klecko this year.
9) I thought once that Vrabes and Bruschi were on the inside we'd see Chad Brown flexing his pass-rushing muscle from the outside more.
I think I could go on and on here. The only thing I had right was that David Terrell was a waste of space for the little time he was here.
I thought Matt Chatham would eventually start.
I thought...I thought...
Oh, hell, you guys know me. I was optimistic all the way through. I never had doubts or total balloons.
I'm never wrong about anything and I'm also a liar.
I want my money back.
After losing to the Colts and being 4-4, I thought the season was a lost cause even if we still were very likely to win the division. I just didn't think that our defense was going to be able to pull things together. I'm glad that I was dead wrong about that.
1). Vrabel inside was a bad idea. I was wrong.
2). Chad Brown would solidify the inside. Another falsehood.
3). Patrick Pass is a below than average FB. I was proven wrong.
1. Beisel would be a great asset - wrong
2. Chad Scott a great addition - didn't happen
3. Gus Scott a good SS - nope injured again
4. Pessimistic about Pats winning out in playoffs - TBD
5. Front 7 would kick ass this season - just in December so far
6. That Navy kid was a stump - nope he was a good RB, cut only to save Klecko's useless ass
7. We'd beat San Diego - way wrong; I was there (again)
1. Said from day one that Bru would come back and start after PUP wait
2. Pass an asset
3. Klecko useless
1.) I thought the colts would be 0-16
2.) I thought the steelers would be 0-16
3.) I thought the jets would be 0-16
4.) I thought the dolphins would be 0-16
5.) I thought the bills would be 0-16
6.) i thought the eagles would be 0-16
7.) I thought the patriots would be 16-0!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 © Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.
We are not affiliated with the New England Patriots™ or the NFL™. The Photo Used In the header was taken by Ian Logue.
© Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.
This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC