Okay, I've digested what has happened now, and here's what I'm thinking. It's not all bad right now.
1. We've got a great defence which can carry the show until our new qb, whether it be Cassell or Simms or Rattay learn the playbook and get in sync with the receivers. We can use game management-style offense for a few games to get the new qb comfortable.
2. As great as Brady was, he was starting to get too predictable. Opposing defences felt they had the blueprint to rush him and hit him hard. I had some doubts also as to whether his hunger was as great as it was. The stats were there for sure, but he seemed less intense at the end or played more on autodrive. It seems the NFL gods demand new flesh in order to maintain the hunger which drives winning teams.
3. A lot of pressure has been lifted off the team. Now they can play fun football again--both on offense and defence.
4. No team should EVER have to rely on a single player. If they do then they don't deserve to go very far.
5. One could argue that we've already delayed the process of finding an eventual replacement for Tom Brady, who cannot play forever. Here we are pushed into doing so. It's about time.
6. Brady is going to take a long time before getting back into good football shape. It's time for this team to take on a new identity. As good as the old identy was with Tom Brady, we had all the teams ganging up on us, and we looked stale at the end and couldn't win the big one. Time for our new identity. I am personally looking forward to the rest of the season.
7. We've got the horses and will still go far. Let's go!!!
Re: Some thoughts
Good post. trying my best to look at the bright side. I would love for us to beat the Jets next week. How insulting would that be!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 © Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.
We are not affiliated with the New England Patriots™ or the NFL™. The Photo Used In the header was taken by Ian Logue.
© Copyright 2000-2012. PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.
This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC