01-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York, NY
Re: BB retiring after this season?
Originally Posted by silenthuntr7
Look, let me first say that this is unlikely. But the guys on PFW in Progress raised this, and I was...intrigued.
1. McDaniels is back. He's a perfect HC-in-waiting.
2. Caserio not leaving. If he has a chance to be Indy's GM, what would make him stay other than being promised our GM position?
3. Troy Brown doesn't think he has much longer. (Interview on WEEI today)
4. For what it's worth, this is the crankiest season i've ever seen BB being.
It's really unlikely, but...thoughts?
(And if you don't think he retires, how many years does he have left? I remember him saying he doesn't want to be one of those guys who coaches to 70.)
1) I don't think a future HOF Head Coach, especially one hangs out with world-class Coaches like Nick Saban and Jimmy Johnson in the off-season, is going to select as his successor a guy who has succeeded at practically every job but HC; his standards both in friends and for the job are way too high. In other words, I think he hired Josh to do both what he does very well, which is coordinate an NFL Offense, and what he does very, very well, which is Coach Tom Brady (to the extent that TB still needs coaching).
2) I chuckle whenever I or anyone else out here tries to get inside the head of Bill Belichick and speak as though we know what he is thinking. We're all just guessing, so, in fairness, your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's. I'm just trying to say why I think my guess is better; but, it's still just a guess.
It is what it is. It wasn't what it wasn't.
Last edited by PatsFanSince74; 01-11-2012 at 08:59 AM..