In a hurry today:
Got home a bit earlier than I expected and there wasn't much going on anyway so I'm managing to squeak this out before taking Bella to the vet...
* Crowd was the lightest so far this year and when I arrived the (wet) grass was practically empty but filled up as the practice wore on.
* Guys were in shorts, sweats or the infamous MCs (that's man capris if you're new here.... ) and the usual suspects were in red. No Kyle Brady or Garrett Mills again.
* It was a low-key practice in which many of the non starters took the reps. Brady didn't participate except to play the role of the ball boy, catching the ball and returning it to the other QBs during drills.
* Tedy didn't participate much either and rather than just stand around Rodney used the time to play catch in the other field and do some running.
* Zebras were in da house.
* The focus for most of the morning was on the run game and short passing game although not at full speed.
* Cassel took most of the reps with the best catch of the day coming from Watson in the EZ covered by Mays.
* The entire offensive unit huddled up with BB at one point during practice.
* Bam Childress came across the middle and snagged a Cassel pass with tight coverage by Tory James for a TD.
* Heath Evans had a rare drop and there was a fumble during the hand-off between Mike Elgin (60) and Guitierrez (7) which was recovered by Mankins.
* Field Goal kicks were towards the hill today and Cassel did some of the holding.
* Media tent was filled to capacity towards the end as most of them come in time for player access at the end of practice but was practically empty early on.
* I left as soon as practice ended and didn't see who signed but I believe it was Wide Receivers as they've yet to go and everyone else actually left the field almost immediately after practice.
* Kids were posing with Pat Patriot in the Patriots Experience area which was a nice touch.
Time for me to head out and take care of this little girl.