August 3, 2006 (Afternoon Session 2:30-4:30)
Just got in from this afternoon's session... Another hot one; what else is new?! Guys were in full gear and had a physical practice unlike the walk through this morning.
Short for time so here goes:
*None of the PUPs like Seymour, Graham etc. who were on the field doing the walkthrough this morning were there tonight.
*Asante was back on the field tonight and Dillon missed his first practice. (Mrs. B is waiting for Vrabel to have a Vet Day off... it must be coming soon.)
* In his first night back, Asante picked off a long Brady pass intended for Jon Stone...
* Lots of situation football with pads cracking!
* Troy Brown was in TOP form this afternoon, snagging everything thrown his way, with an exceptional catch diving for a Brady bomb.
* Ben Watson struggled, dropping a couple, most notably when one bounced off the numbers while he was wide open.
* Speaking of Ben, Vrabel was all over him today... robbing him of a catch by cutting in front of him to deflect a pass and also by pummeling him in the blitz drill.
*Maroney and Mays met up again in the same drill, turned it up and ended with friendly butt slaps... keeping their competition alive.
* Gene Mruczkowski ran a lap after the officials whistles stopped the play.
* Chad Brown left the field with a trainer.
* Guys ran windsprints at the end of practice, which ended a bit early, at 4:00.
* It was once again like the Dog Days of Bryant with plenty of room at the ropes for autographs and player interaction...
* Special Teams and QBs were assigned to sign and stayed well past the required time... Many others did as well, including Vrabel, Davis, Maroney, Andrews and Spann.
* Mrs. B got a chance to say hi to Lonie and was also recognized by a fan due to the Fashion Update from earlier today... hehehe!
I've had a major technical snafu and am behind in the podcasts.. The plan is to get two done tonight... Wish me luck! The Soundseeing tour for today's practices will be Show #74. www.patriotworld.com