Not only is this breaking story confusing, it's made even more bamboozling by the spelling errors above.
Let's take 'em in order, shall we...
1. Pete who? Thanel?
No whay that's a real last name. Never heard of it.
And plus, wat's tha phonetics on that beauty?
"Than-el", like you regularly say the word "than"?
Or is it the fancy extra syllable version, phonetically "Te-han-el"?
You know, like when someone purposely separates the "t" and the "h" in a "th..."?
They do a hard "t" sound for the 1st syllable then segue into a breathy sounding "H..." then say the rest of the word.
(It's all very Sesame Street, I know. But I just havta know these things when inquiring on a football board. Indulge me. heh heh heh)
Okay, now how's about his one...
2. Lennay Kekua is a chick??? Ohh... I get it... it's one vowel different than the "Mice & Men" fellow's moniker.
And Kekua sounds like another suspect last name to me. Must be an underlying trend forming here.
3. and plus, she ingratiated herself with some person named Manti.
Yeah, but earlier in the report, a person named Te'o is linked to this Lennay character!
Which begs the question - are those TWO different people? Or is that ONE person?
4. And for the love of Mike (hey, look at that, a normal name), which is the first name and which is the last?
Is it Manti Te'o?
Or Te'o Manti?
5. And also, come to think of it... is Te'o short for Mateo (the Spanish version of the English name Mathew)?
I mean, some Spanish guys go by Teo. Is this that thing, but with some wacky Samoan spin added?
You know, throwing in the apostrophe (no, not the Frank Zappa album) just cuz it looks fancy?
Kinda like when ditzy chicks do those smiley face thingies when they dot their letter "i"?
6. and if that's not enuff, we got's that whack "crimini" standing alone in it's own sentence.
Wazzat? The happy union of Jimminy Crickets?!!
With that same ditzy chick tradition of ending a name with an "i" where a "y" is usually called for? Like Sandi, and/or Candi?
Jimminy Crickets >>> Crimini? That's cute, if that's the case.
7. And I won't even get started on how much Kekua sounds like a tropical bird call.
Anyway, you tell me that's not the most ridiculous bunch of indecipherable bunch a' name-o's you ever seen thrown together in a news report up there!
Jeepers creepers. I just thought I'd weigh in on that. lol.