Originally Posted by manxman2601
I have five premier binkies this year:
The "Ansah" to all our prayers
and Leon McFadden. Finally there's a chance to show some video of him:
Leon Mcfadden vs BYU 2012 - YouTube
Unfortunately it doesn't show too much but there's a few things I'd like you to look at.
One of the things I love about him is his speed to close on a pass and this is best showcased on the second play. He stops and starts so quickly. Also, his hips are so smooth; he changes direction with ease and mirrors the receivers very well. Unfortunately, the video also demonstrates his one major weakness, namely a lack of strength against the run.
I've said before that Mcfadden reminds me of Casey Hayward. I stand by that. Casey Hayward has made a strong case for rookie of the year and was one of the best CB's in the NFL this year. Just saying.
I don't know if I have many "binkies" other than Ziggy Ansah. He's the One. "The Ansah to all our prayers", as you say, though I have little hope that we have a shot at him. Either Dion Jordan or Alec Ogletree as a hybrid/coverage/space player well for me. I love Cooper, but not to the point of binky status. I love Jesse Williams, but also not quite to the binky level. Same with Tavon Austin.
There are about 10 guys right now atop my "value" list from who are currently graded as 3rd round prospects or later (sometimes much later) by NFLDraftScout. Taking them in order, with NFL Draft Scout's current rankings:
98. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU - Ike Taylor clone, maybe a poor man's Richard Sherman
121. Brian Winters, OT, Kent St. - poor man's Mankins
124. Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern - poor man's Wilfork
141. Joe Kruger, DE, Utah - called a Sasquatch by one local
178. Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio St. - poor man's Solder
180. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - poor man's Alge Crumpler
253. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado - very raw, but some hints of poor man's Gronk potential
356. Dexter McCoil, FS, Tulsa - also very raw, but great size and fluidity
400. Alonzo Highsmith, LB, Arkansas - way under the radar because of injury
403. Garrett Gilkey, OL, Chadron St. - poor man's Robert Gallery
None of them are at the level of binky status, but I'd be happy to get any or all of them in that projected range.
There are a ton of other guys I like, depending on where they sort out in terms of value. Guys like Kyle Long, Dallas Thomas, Travis Frederick, Barrett Jones, Tank Carradine, Matt Elam, Travis Kelce, Jamar Taylor, Markus Wheaton, etc. Plenty of good players. Probably some good values, for those smart enough to find them.