Yeah, I know. You can't predict the unpredictable.
It's an exercise in futility. But I know I nailed it!
My Mock Draft
1. Miami - LT Jake Long, Michigan
Not a sexy pick, just an anchor for the 'Phins and Tuna.
2. St. Louis - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
It's goodbye Stephen Jackson, hello Darren McFadden.
3. Atlanta - DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
A "can't miss" spot. The "BPA" is actually THE best player.
4. Oakland - DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
Al Davis has been wetting his diapers over him for months.
5. Kansas City - DE Chris Long, Virginia
The #3 & #5 spots are in play for trades. Long brings the heat.
6. NY Jets - LT Ryan Clady, Boise State
Rebuilt OL allows Jets Offense to finally take off; Clady adds flexibility.
7. New England - LB Keith Rivers, USC
Athleticism and pass coverage skills makes him the pick over Gholston.
8. Baltimore - QB Matt Ryan, BC
Don't be surprised if Ryan falls past here and into the #10-#15 area.
9. Cincinnati - DE Vernon Gholston, OSU
"Godzilla" is gone and the Bengals are desperate for a 4-3 DE.
10. New Orleans - DT Kentwan Balmer, UNC
They could go a lot of different ways (CB?) but Balmer fits best.
11. Buffalo - CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy
Not spectacular but a solid, blue-collar guy for a blue-collar team.
12. Denver - MLB Jerod Mayo, UT
Mayo's overstated rise up the boards reminds me of Boss Bailey.
13. Carolina - DE Derrick Harvey, FU
He would make an awesome bookend opposite Julius Peppers.
14. Chicago - RB Rashard Mendenhall, IU
Rumored to like Chris Williams but Mendenhall looks like "Sweetness."
15. Detroit - LB Dan Connor, PSU
Matt Millen has to see shades of his former self in Dan Connor.
16. Arizona - RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
Perhaps the biggest steal of the draft, if he can ever get healthy.
17. Minnesota - LT Chris Williams, Vandy
The Vikings could be active on draft day but this would make sense.
18. Houston - Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie, TSU
The Texans have shown a willingness to gamble on small schools.
19. Philadelphia - RT Gosder Cherilus, BC
The Eagles have to see this former top ten prospect as a bargain.
20. Tampa Bay - CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Jenkins is the top DB on my board but the Bucs are praying.
21. Washington - DE Calais Cambell, UM
Likely to slide back but the Skins are in the market for DL help.
22. Dallas - WR Devin Thomas, MSU
The fast-rising Thomas should be the first WR off the board.
23. Pittsburgh - LT Jeff Otah, Pitt
Another big-ugly for a team who loves to draft them early.
24. Tennessee - WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
For a team in search of playmakers, it doesn't get any better.
25. Seattle - RB Felix Jones, Ark
Jones' cut back style is a perfect fit for a West Coast Offense.
26. Jacksonville - DE Quintin Groves, AU
Jags are looking for some heat off the edge and Groves has it.
27. San Diego - CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
Not flashy or exciting, just a typical Chargers kind of pick.
28. Dallas - RB Chris Johnson, EC
The Cowboys add the fastest and most underrated RB available.
29. San Francisco - QB Brian Brohm, Lou
Mike Martz should lobby for Brohm and his uncanny accuracy.
30. Green Bay - RB Matt Forte', Tulane
Not getting the media play he deserves but should sneak up.
31. NY Giants - WR Malcom Kelly, OU
Could be a great fill in for the always injured Plasico Burress.