Every year some teams have a draft that just sucks. Last year the Patriots got Merriweather who still has a ways to go to proving himself and becoming a fixture on this defense. We shall see. After that you have to take into account Moss, Welker and the SF trades but as far as the draft class goes it will be remembered as the weakest in the BB era. Here are a few teams that will not look back fondly on their 2008 draft class:
6. New York Jets- #6 should provide them with a great prospect and #36 should also yeild a solid player. We're still talking about a 4-12 team with alot of holes. They do have 2 close picks in the 4th, but have no 3rd or 5th. This team has no-one at QB and unless they snag Ryan and he turns out to be legit. If not whomever they slect first is going to endure a long losing season. Kellen Clemens is not the answer.
5. Houston Texans- With only 5 picks in the draft they must pin their hopes they find a gem at 18. They just might but the depth on this team will be sorely lacking. They've almost got to the point of being a legitimate franchise but I beleive this draft will help them very little towards that goal.
4. San Diego Chargers- This is a good, solid playoff contending team. #27 should provide a solid player, but they don't pick again until 160. Good luck. Pray Norv Turners a better scout than coach.
3. Oakland Raiders- Where do I begin. Get amped early Faider fans, because the 4th overall pick is pretty much the end of the draft for Oakland. Why do I have this sneaky suspision that Mr. canasta-glasses and jogging suit Al Davis is going to take a WR or RB here?
2. Inianapolis Colts- Although they are legitimate title contenders every team needs at least some infusion of youth every year. Starting at 59 would just be torture to me. Oh well Colt fans, at least you can take solace that you can always find ex-Patriot draft picks to load up your practice squad.
1. Cleveland Browns- Has anyone reminded Crennel that he still needs to show up for day 2 because they actually still have a couple of picks left, starting at 122 (egad). Maybe Romeo may want to re-consider trading Brady Quinn otherwise your weekends are free of obligations Cleveland fans.