Welcome to PatsFans.com. Do you have an account? If not - please take a moment to register for our forum and experience a much smoother experience with fewer ads, along with no longer having to see this notification. Also learn about how you can receive a free Patriots T-Shirt from the Patriots Official ProShop by CLICKING HERE. Please enjoy your stay here, and Go Pats!
ARE YOU NEW HERE? NOT LOGGED IN? PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT AND LOGIN TO REMOVE THIS WINDOW
Welcome to PatsFans.com. Do you have an account? If not - please take a moment to register for our forum and experience a much smoother experience with fewer ads, along with no longer having to see this notification window. Also learn about how you can receive a free Patriots T-Shirt from the Patriots Official ProShop by CLICKING HERE. Please enjoy your stay here, and Go Pats!
1) Miami Dolphins: Chris Long DE Virginia- Very vertatile athlete at the #1 spot...and if they are switching to the 3-4 this will be a great pick. Also tempted to have Matt Ryan go here as I think Parcells will want his "guy" behind center. Just dont think there is enough upside for Ryan to be slotted #1
2) St. Louis Rams: Jake Long OT Michigan- Hes a beast plain and simple, will fill in nicely in the future for Orlando Pace, until then he will be groomed at the RT spot. I think the transition Joe Thomas made from the college game to the pros will also help Long's stock
3) Atlanta Falcons: Glenn Dorsey DT LSU: This guy moves mountains, and will make the D better from day 1 and head coach Mike Smith likes BIG guys on the line
4) Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas: Al Davis gets a flashy pick up here. I dont think the Fargas signing will impact this decision at all. NFL teams need 2 good options at RB and Dominick Rhodes is not one of those options. McAlister did not stop the Saints from signing Bush and Duce is a much better back then Fargas.
5) Kansas City Chiefs: Ryan Clady OT Boise State: Bit of a reach here but I think the Chiefs will panic after OT Long goes off the board. Look for a possible trade but past has proven its tough to deal out of top 10.
6) New York Jets: Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State: The Jets are in a very good spot here and get a player with great upside.
7) New England Pats: Keith Rivers LB USC: Was tempted to go CB here, but the Pats have some age issues at the LB spot. Think they will get better value going with Rivers here and CB in rd #2.
8) Baltimore Ravens: Matt Ryan QB Boston College: The Kyle Boller project is over.
9) Cincy Bengals: Sedrick Ellis DT USC: As I said with the Jets I really like this spot in the draft, I think the Bengals have many options here and will be able to take the BPA which is Ellis here.
10) New Orleans Saints: Mike Jenkins CB USF: The saints have some issues in their secondary, I had this as a toss up between Jenkins and DRC.
11) Buffalo Bills: Derrick Harvey: DE UF: Many drafts have the Bills going WR here, but what many people dont know is that the Bills owner has been quoted as saying there is too long of a waiting period for WR's to adapt from college to the pros. Harvey will prove to be a great pass rushing option, and a great rush improves a secondary esp. in the cover 2 scheme.
12) Denver Broncos: Kenny Phillips: FS Miami: Phillips can come in and start at SS for 1 yr. until he is ready to step in for Lynch. Similar to the OL situation in ST louis.
13) Carolina Panthers: Chris Williams OL Vanderbilt: Think this will be a toss up between Williams and Otah.
14) Chicago Bears: Reshard Mendenhall RB Illinois: The Bears are tough to pin point here but I think Benson has worn out his welcome in Chicago.
15) Detroit Lions: Malcom Kelly (haha JK) Dominique Rodgers Cromarite CB TSU
The Lions need to shore up their secondary and get a steal with DRC who blends great size and speed.
16) Arizona Cardinals: Johnathan Stewart RB Oregon: James is getting old, and Stewart is a bit underrated the Cards get good value here.
17) Minnesota Vikings: Malcolm Kelly WR OU: Kelly steps right in and makes an impact on a team with sub par Wide outs.
18) Houston Texans: Leodis McKelvin CB Troy: I think if one of the 3 top RBs are on the board the Texans will take them. If Not they will go CB, McKelvin will step in for injured CB Dunta Robinson (he wont be ready for the start of 08)
19) Philadelphia Eagles: Desean Jackson WR Cal: The Eagles get a real burner here and give McNabb a threat in the deep game.
20) Tampa Bay Bucs: Limas Sweed WR Texas: Galloway is 37 and there isnt much depth behind him
21) Washington Redskins : Phillip Merling DE Clemson: If he lands at #21 this will be great value for the Skins
22) Dallas Cowboys: Talib CB Kansas: This is an intriguing spot, The Cowboys could go WR here with TO and Glenn up in age but I think they will go CB, Talib will be an adaquate pick up and start in the Nickle spot.
23) Pittsbugh Steelers: Jeff Otah: OT Pitt: He wont have to go very far, its no secret the Black and Gold will be looking OL in the draft.
24) Tennesee Titans: James Hardy: WR Indiana: Hardy will make an instant impact for the Titans in the Red zone, giving Young a much needed target.
25) Seattle Seahawks: Brandan Albert OG Virgina: Their starting RG is 38, Albert should be a nice fit. Wanted to go TE here but its a bit too early.
26) Jacksonville Jaguars: Kentwan Balmer DT UNC
27) San Diego Chargers: Reggie Smith CB OU: Smith is Versitle and would be able to move into the S position opposite Weddle.
28) Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones RB Dallas: Can Barber carry the load for the Cowboys? If not Jones is no stranger to getting the ball 10 times a game.
29) San Francisco: Quentin Groves: DE Auburn: SF needs some help on the DL, Groves quickness will suit the D well.
30) Green Bay Packers: Brandon Flowers CB VT: There isnt much depth behind Woodson and Harris and they are getting old. I think Flowers is a better option then Cason.
31) NY Giants: Dan Connor LB Penn State: I know how much Giants fans hate this pick, but they need some help at the LB
DONATE TO PATSFANS.COM
RECEIVE A FREE PATS T-SHIRT AND SAVE 15% OFF WHEN YOU BUY FROM THE OFFICIAL PROSHOP!
Free T-Shirt & Save 15% Off!
Like Our Site? Please help support our site and server costs by DONATING TO PATSFANS.COM and receive a FREE PATRIOTS T-SHIRT and SAVE 15% off EVERY purchase you make from PatriotsProShop.com. You'll also receive added benefits to your account including Removing All Ads During Your Experience Here At Our Forum.
NEEDED YEARLY SITE DONATIONS: 345 | CURRENT # OF SUBSCRIBED SUPPORTERS: 98
If M.Ryan falls to 7. I predict a sweet trade for us. Some team will definately over-pay for him. Ryan to Atlanta for D.Hall, their 2nd this year. And a one next year.
I've been doing my daily seance to put a curse on Atlanta to not take Ryan.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. - 4 years = To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Well, I am now absolutely convinced that there HAS to be a trade within the first 7 picks.....Every mock, every possible way I see it, there is a team thats going to miss out in getting a player in a position if there isnt. Take this Mock, KC is going to be BOMBED with trade offers...they want Clady, with Gholston and Ryan both available they trade back. The question here is do you take a chance that you can move Ryan or do you hop the JESTs to get Gholston? I have even seen mocks with C.Long being there at 5, and KC absolutely wants OL and more picks...
And ANYONE mentioning D.Hall is gonna have to do some pushups....they havent done their homework. This team would rather bring in PACMAN than D.Hall, what does that tell you??
Over the last week or so, a lot of the chatter is that BP is going to take Ryan at #1. That reallydoes create someopportunities for us,especailly if teams continued to be wowed by Gholston's workout numbers and forget about his production.