11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Re: My Pats draft
Originally Posted by mcbee
First, they trade down a couple times picking up a #4, and #5 and a high pick next year.
They move from #7 or so (assuming SF wins another game) to #20.
1. Brandon Flowers CB V. Tech
2. Beau Bell ILB UNLV
3a. Trae Williams CB S. Florida
3b. Meyo ILB Tenn (Junior may declare)
4a. Robert Felton OG Arkansas
4b. Titus Brown DE/LB Miss. St.
5a. Jeremy Leman ILB Illinois
5b. Green-Ellis RB Miss.
6. Englemont Bradent, S Michigan
2 CB, 1 S, 3 ILB, 1 DE/OLB, 1 RB, 1 OG
I'm assuming they sign Moss and let Samuel go. Bruschi and Seau play lesser roles next year, if any.
Not crazy enough for me... I like it though, nice job. My comments are not slams, just observations.
- it is well known that the Patriots don't draft CB or LBs on Day 1, you broke the Cardinal rule... about time that rule was broken
- Flowers seems to be a reach, especially if the pick stays in the top 5
- Bell may not be there at pick 63, his profile seems solid, it will be interesting to see him during the workouts
- 3 ILBs, we need them but 3 in a single draft seems like a lot, I would consider replacing one of them with a WR