01-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Hampshire
1. Rodrique Wright - DT/DE - At 6'5 320 he is extremely athletic for a DT his size, has the power to take on double teams and the quickness to be a very effective pass rusher, fits perfectly in both the 4-3 and 3-4 schemes, could have been the top DT taken last year but decided not to declare.
2. Thomas Howard - OLB - Howard - Has great size and speed, one of the fastest LBs in the draft. Great agility and acceleration, and can read and react to plays well. Good in coverage, as he was a defensive back prior to being converted to an OLB.
3a. Mike Bell - RB - Has good speed, and possesses great muscle mass for his size. Very determined player who is ready to blossom into his potential.
3. Cedric Griffin - S/CB - Versatile defensive back who can play cornerback or safety. He's a hitter so he can stay in the game in pass or run situations. Good size.
4a. Anthony Montgomery - NT - Montgomery has good size, athleticism, quickness and strength. Possessing very good balance, agility and change of direction, he can push the pocket and make plays in the backfield and all along the LOS. He reads and reacts well and is good in pursuit. Montgomery uses his very strong lower body and good leverage to take on double teams and plug the middle and allow others to make plays. He has very strong hands and can drag down the ballcarrier with just one arm. He is a good tackler. Montgomery can be explosive when he wants to be.
4. David Castillo - C - Has been a great leader on the FSU line during his college career, solid in both run blocking and pass blocking, a smart player willing and able to make line calls at the next level. Anchored one of the better rushing offenses the past 2 years.
5. Freddie Roach - MLB - Has been a versatile player for the Crimson Tide, starting at both middle linebacker and outside linebacker during his four years at Alabama. He is a very hard worker who has a good combination of size and strength for a middle linebacker. He possesses good instincts and always seems to be around the football. His strength allows him to effectively shed blocks and make plays in the backfield. He is a smart player who is good at reading and reacting to what the offense is doing. He is a very good run defender who hits hard and is a fundamentally sound tackler. Freddie lacks the ideal speed and athleticism for the position. He has improved his coverage ability, but he still needs to work on that area of his game. Freddie Roach is a solid run stopper who will probably be just a two down linebacker in the NFL due to his weaknesses in the passing game.
6. Paul Pinegar - QB - Strong armed; prototype size, good holding point and release; very poised and knows his offense well.
7. Ed Hinkel - WR - Ed Hinkel is a very solid receiver. He is very focused and has good hands, which he can use to make difficult catches. He runs precise routes and has decent speed before and after the catch. He has surprising athletic ability and is pretty agile which also allows him to adjust his body nicely to make the catch. He is also very quick when changing directions for the catch. Hinkel is very comparable to former Iowa star Tim Dwight because of his receiving ability and his capability to return punts for good yardage.