09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Join Date: Jun 2010
the guy the US needs now....
a guy who:
- ended the state's borrowing
- controlled Medicaid spending
- reduced property taxes and balanced seven budgets in a row (in a state where a balanced budget is constitutionally mandated but haphazardly enforced) while passing 19 tax cuts and never raising taxes.
- survey of chief executives conducted by the Massachusetts High Technology Council, 83% of those polled rated the state's business climate as good or excellent—up from only 33% at the beginning of his term.
- Reforming Medicaid to control its annual rate of growth from an average of 17.4% per year between 1987 and 1991, to 3.8% between 1991 and 1997.
- Overhauling the antiquated workers' compensation system and significantly reduced the size of state government. When Weld left office in 1997, it took 15,000 fewer state employees to run the government's operations than it had in 1988.
go figure.....a republican that got 71% of the reelection vote after barely beating john silber
“ I think good coaches will coach with the personnel they have, and if you only have one (good) linebacker, you’re not going to play a 3–4. ”
—Hank Bullough, who installed one of the first 3–4 defenses with the New England Patriots.