ARE YOU NEW HERE? NOT LOGGED IN? PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT AND LOGIN TO REMOVE THIS WINDOW
Welcome to PatsFans.com. Do you have an account? If not - please take a moment to register for our forum and experience a much smoother experience with fewer ads, along with no longer having to see this notification window. Also learn about how you can receive a free Patriots T-Shirt from the Patriots Official ProShop by CLICKING HERE. Please enjoy your stay here, and Go Pats!
Eh, familiarity breeds contempt. As soon as a topic is posted, it's pretty easy to guess where each of the members will fall on the issue and even to get a sense of exactly what some will say. The talking points are pretty well established. There doesn't seem to be a lot of introspection, let alone circumspection; a microcosm of the American political discourse as a whole. Even if it doesn't make sense, many posters in here tend to follow the same patterns, which is probably frustrating to some, so I understand some of the lashing out.
Of course, some people take things too personally. It's just political discussion. We're not changing the world in here.
------------------ “On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson..they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.”
DONATE TO PATSFANS.COM
RECEIVE A FREE PATS T-SHIRT AND SAVE 15% OFF WHEN YOU BUY FROM THE OFFICIAL PROSHOP!
Free T-Shirt & Save 15% Off!
Like Our Site? Please help support our site and server costs by DONATING TO PATSFANS.COM and receive a FREE PATRIOTS T-SHIRT and SAVE 15% off EVERY purchase you make from PatriotsProShop.com. You'll also receive added benefits to your account including Removing All Ads During Your Experience Here At Our Forum.
NEEDED YEARLY SITE DONATIONS: 345 | CURRENT # OF SUBSCRIBED SUPPORTERS: 98
1. PR, initial post, bates liberals with the phrase, "grotesquely idiotic and childish." What he did is not against the rules, because liberals are not a protected class.
2. Ilikehappyppl contributes to this by saying that "it's the pot calling the kettle black," and offers some words of peace. Not against the rules either.
3. PR "stands corrected."
4. Mrs.P, pours a little gas on the flickering flame by stating the PR has done the same thing he accuses others of. (We're starting to move out of rules territory altogether. Perhaps this thread should be closed?)
5. PR responds by saying that some people "always" reply with a personal attack.
6-8. IcyPatriot, DarrylS, and then PR offer slightly humorous asides.
9 Harry Boy posts angrily about "constantly" being attacked, almost a catharsis. (Why are the moderators leaving this pointless thread open? I'm waiting for it to take form. I don't know what it's about.)
10-11. PatsSB42 and PR offer a humorous aside.
12. Chico says of Harry, "Always the victim." (Hmmm, awful close to a personal attack.)
13-14. Holy Diver objects to PR's description of "librul attacks as grotesquely idiotic and childish." Shmessy concurs.
15. Mrs.P responds snidely. (Clearly the moderators aren't around or paying attention or this thread would have been closed by now.)
16. Harry tries to refocus the thread to be about censorship.
17. Ilikehappyppl responds to Harry.
18. Boston Boxer responds sarcastically with a personal attack, that's liked by the liberals and I wonder if they're engaged in sarcasm or seriousness. (Hmm, should the poster get a warning?)
19. Icy hijacks the thread by pointing out "in well moderated forums you either stick to the topic at hand or your post gets deleted." (We really don't like deleting posts given the highly politicized nature of the forum.)
20. PFinVA attacks the moderation of the forum.
21. PR praises Harry, saying all true patriots love him.
22. PFinVA attacks Harry, and gets likes from several liberals. (Hmm, a warning is in order if we follow PFinVA's advice on ad hominem attacks.)
23. Darryl takes umbrage of PR's praise of Harry, throwing out a mild insult too.
24. PR takes the bait, and responds forcefully, insulting DarrylS. (Hmm, an infraction, perhaps?)
25-26. Mrs.P and DarrylS both respond to PR making vague personal attacks.
27. Khayos makes a vague personal attack on Mrs. P.
28. DarrylS responds to Khayos, making some sort of vague threat to someone.
29. PR talks about his love for the military and Harry (Was Harry even in the military?)
30-31. PR insults DarrylS, and then makes a humorous aside. (Hmm, a rule violation?)
32. Chico attempts to redirect the thread in a political direction.
33. DarrylS suggests Harry is lying about his age. (Where the f- are the moderators? This thread should have been closed. Ultimately, DarrylS is banned from the thread because of that, but really the thread should have been closed a long time ago.)
34. Hebeill makes a sarcastic comment about Harry.
35-7. PR makes a metaphysical point, and then challenges Chico's comment by suggesting Chico doesn't have a sense of humor, and then throws out a non-sequitur.
38. DarrylS takes umbrage at PR's metaphysical point, interpreting it to mean that PR is not being honest with who he is in this forum, thus "living a lie."
39. PR tells DarrylS to lighten up, a tactic that is rarely helpful with anyone.
40. Ilikehappyppl speculates that Harry's 96. (I actually think he said years ago he turned 80, so he's probably in his mid 80s now.)
41. Hebeill makes a humorous political aside.
42. Harry responds with laughter.
43. Chico responds to PR's comment that Chico doesn't have a sense of humor, by questioning PR's sense of humor.
44-45. Shmessy tries to throw some gas on a really weak flame by suggesting PR is a "chicken hawk," and then diminishes PR's metaphysical comment.
46-50. Shmessy, PR, BB, BB again, Icy all make humorous asides.
51. Titus responds to Harry's earlier post (16) by calling it whiney, and brings up a personal attack Harry made about him quite a few times ending a few months ago.
52-54. Drewski accuses Harry of being an instigator, and Icy seems to criticize Harry in the next post, but more vaguely, to which Drewski concurs.
55. Hebeill responds to Harry with a photo of a crying child. (Warning, perhaps?)
56. PR talks about BB's (Boston Boxer's) sense of humor and Harry's efforts to "get a rise out of people."
57. Sdaniels criticizes the moderators and calls Harry a racist. (Ooh, goody, another warning perhaps.)
58-59. PR basically tells Sdaniels to calm down, and Sdaniels responds by saying that PR wants to get away with bs and then reports responses to his bs to a mod.
60. PR seems to say he only complains if something changes one of his posts.
61. Nikolai observes that "familiarity breeds contempt," and posts clearly the best post in the thread.
62. Patters shows he's the truest idiot in the forum by attempting to analyze a thread that is a complete piece of pointless garbage. The thread should have been closed after post 4.