Raila Odinga, the charismatic, left-leaning prime minister of Kenya who claims to be first cousin to Barack Obama, owes much to the Illinois senator. Arguably, he would not occupy that high office but for Obama’s support in Kenyan elections.
Arguably too, had Odinga been more successful in those elections, Kenya would now be on a fast track toward becoming a radical Islamic state and a haven for al-Qaida activists. Odinga did not win the presidential elections last December, and only after weeks of murder and mayhem was a truce negotiated that promoted Odinga to the newly created office as prime minister.
Regardless of their biological DNA, however, they clearly share political DNA. Obama made arrangements for Odinga (then an opposition politician in a bureaucratic slot) to attend the 2004 Democratic Convention. It was Odinga who announced Obama’s planned visit to Kenya in 2006 and Odinga who told the Kenyan press that he had proposed the trip to his American cousin.
Here's what he promises for his adminstration:
(1) Amending the Constitution to recognize Shariah as “the only true law sanctioned“ by the Quran in “Muslim-declared regions”;
(2) Establishing Shariah courts throughout the country;
(3) Requiring every primary school to conduct daily madrassa classes;
(4) Empowering the Council of Muslim Elders to “oversee” all religious activities in the coast region with the right to disapprove “cults and other evil practices”;
(5) Banning the sale of alcoholic beverages and other prohibited beverages everywhere that Muslims constituted 40 percent or more of the population;
(6) Banning women’s clothing deemed offensive to Muslims in Muslim-majority sections of the country, applying the dress code to both Muslims and non-Muslims;
(7) Making the northeast and coastal regions of the country autonomous; and
(8) Disbanding the anti-terror police and issuing ID cards to all Muslims (regardless of immigrant status) in the Northeast and prohibiting extradition of “any Muslim residing in Kenya whether citizen, visitor, or relative.”
How Obama is not asked about any of this, is beyond belief?