11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Join Date: Jan 2007
When Nem was banned I tried to stay neutral not having anything against either side and not really understanding why there was so much resentment.
After reading NEM make statements like "this site is my entire life" I felt bad for him and suggested he start his own site. After it became abundantly apparent he wasn't going to get reinstated he finally took the advice.
The site started off strong and Rob who did all the programming did an amazing job. Things bogged down however because Nem in what I now know to be his true form just wouldn't let up about McDaniels, Hobbs, and Welker his three whipping boys.
It got so bad he made statements such as, Welker would get cut before the end of camp, the Pats were just being stubborn because they gave up a second and he wasn't earning his spot on merit and Bam should be playing in his place.
Nem's basic rationale was Welker had 1 TD when in Miami and only lit up the Pats because Hobbs was on him which is really funny because Nem's basic argument on Hobbs is that he should be covering the slot receiver which if he was then maybe he would have been covering Welker.
My argument on Welker was that his true value was in first down catches where he had 20 and 33 with crappy QBs. I said he'd be good for at least 35 if not 50 first down catches and any TDs was a bonus. Moving the chains is highly underrated.
So I said name your price and we'll bet on 35 first down catches. Nem said ok a $35 gift certificate to the Patriots Pro Shop, done deal.
Welker exceeded expectation and had 35 first down receptions in 8 games not 16.
For the past week plus I have posted again and again for NEM to acknowledge the loss of the bet. At first I just wanted him to say you were right in which case I would have said hey save the $35 beans and guy me a Guinness before a Pats game if you come back this way. After a few days I started to get angry because pulling that crap is very uncool. I gave him every chance to come clean.
1. I posted in the visitor forum so he can respond if he chooses to do so.
2. I posted in the visitor forum so those who would rather not deal with him or the drama he creates don't have to read this.
3. I posted this at this site to begin with because I know the $35 is lost and that's fine I'm old enough to know taking a bet on an Internet site is a foolish thing to do and I knew that going in. However I know, due to many emails and PMs proclaiming it was all the evil BOR posse, that NEM's one desire is to get back his full privileges here at this site. So if I can delay or prevent that it was worth the $35. Revenge is best served cold.
4. I searched for the original posts containing the bet and acceptance and cannot find it but more than a few people know it was made so if it was deleted tracks can be covered, if it's still there and I missed it my apologies.
5. Much like Nem and Aqua not getting Welker's value I now get why he enrages people.
6. The AquaNem thread name is for not getting Welker's value and for not paying off bets and denying their existence, even if that denial is silence.
7. I'm sure I'll now be accused of being part of the BOR posse, can somebody please let me know the location of the meetings, the password, and how bad the hazing is? Thanks.
8. BOR knows 1,000,000X the football NEM does and it's a shame the site lost that resource.
9. I'll continue to post at the other site because I really like Rob and some of the other posters and Rob really has done a great job with the site. Unless I'm banned of in which case, oh well.
10. And you all thought this would be a boring bye week.
"When Peyton Manning was a kid he used to go to bed at night and dream about throwing the winning touchdown for the Saints in the Superbowl. And on Sunday he did."
“That’s the thing I didn’t like about the announcing part: They want you to be loud, argumentative and definitive,” says Montana. “You didn’t have to be right.”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.