Archive for January, 2012
The players involved in tonight’s game need no mention. You all know the Tim Tebow story and the score of the last match up between the Denver Broncos and New England Patriots. However, this is not the same Broncos team. The win against Pittsburgh proved that this team is real. Robert Ayers is living up to his draft expectations, Von Milller is playing lights out, and Demaryius Thomas is coming along. Ian Logue wrote a great article about how the Broncos having nothing to lose and all to gain in tonight’s match up.
Though the situation is different, the outcome will be the same. The Patriots will be the Broncos tonight and Denver’s magical story will be over.
- On CBS at 8:00 ET
- Played at home in Foxborough
- Ryan Mallett, QB
- Nate Jones, CB
- Shane Vereen, RB
- Gary Guyton, LB
- Donald Thomas, OG
- Sebastian Vollmer, T
- Ron Brace, DE
- Will the Demaryius Thomas effect be felt again this weekend?
- With Chung and Spikes back, how does the defense play?
- Does McCourty play more safety than corner?
- How does Denver cover Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker?
- Ridley and/or Green-Ellis run for 2 touchdowns
- The game is competitive for the first half, but second half adjustments made by BB will put the Broncos down
- Patriots 34, Broncos 27
- John Morgan’s playoff write up
- Boston.com Preview and 6 Keys
- Globe’s Victory Keys
- Key Areas by Mike Reiss
Last time these two teams played each other the Bills pulled a major upset and looked like the team to beat. It’s now a new year and almost two different teams are playing. The Bills are 6-9 and the Patriots are 12-3 looking to secure the number one seed in the AFC.
These Bills aren’t limping into Foxborough though. They have one of the better turnover creating defenses and have a very potent offense lead by Ryan Fitzpatrick, C.J. Spiller, and Stevie Johnson. Like I said before, the Bills are not the same team that beat the Patriots in Week 3. They lack Fred Jackson and the offense is very mistake prone.
The Patriots should win this game without much effort.
- In Foxborough starting at 1:00 ETS
- On CBS
Pats Injuries and Inactives:
- Logan Mankins
- Sebastian Vollmer
- Ron Brace
- Tracy White
- Kevin Faulk
- Shane Vereen
- Ryan Mallett
- Stevie Johnson vs Devin McCourty
- Last time these two teams faced each other Johnson averaged 11.8 yards per catch and we all know McCourty’s issues
- C.J. Spiller vs Pats Run D
- Spiller has played well the last two games and the Patriots run defense is ranked 17th in the league. If the Patriots want to help their leaky pass defense, then stopping the run is a must.
- Will Stevie Johnson have an impact?
- Does C.J. Spiller have a great day?
- Will Ridley score a touchdown or two?
- How does the offensive line play today?
- Tom Brady will throw for four touchdowns and Ridley will runs one in
- The defense will look strong
- Patriots 38, Bills 21