This game can not be described in words other than the fact the Patriots shot themselves in the foot. For Pete’s sake, a 31 yard penalty was called on the Pats!
- Wes Welker
- With 2 touchdowns and 217 yards on the day, Wes did everything possible to help the Patriots
- Rob Gronkowski
- Gronk also had 2 touchdowns and 109 yards and like Welker, Gronk did everything possible to help the Patriots
- Ochocinco no longer has it. He was quiet most of the game and then drops an easy touchdown.
- The Pats Safities
- James Sanders and Brandon Meriweather look like kings now…
- Devin McCourty
- I’m calling out Devin McCourty. He got beat consistently, he let a few bombs go his way, and then he tackles Fred Jackson at the 1 yard line which gives the offense no chance to come back. Not acceptable.
- Benjarvus Green-Ellis
- Green-Ellis was stuffed all day and did not hit any of the holes. Lawrence Maroney anyone?
- Bill Belichick
- “Bill Belichick the GM has let down Bill Belichick the coach”
- Will Devin McCourty show up?
- Nope. Looked like Darius Butler was back
- Is Fred Jackson going to be contained?
- In the first half, he was pretty much stacked up. Second half was a whole different story
- How will the Pats depleted secondary handle the red hot Ryan Fitzpatrick?
- Not very good
- With Aaron Hernandez out, will Ochocinco have a big game?
- Welker had the big game, not Ochocinco
- How many times will the Patriots bring the blitz?
- Is ‘Grr’ an acceptable answer?
- The only good things to come out of this game are:
- Welker is back and is fully healed
- This quote on the Pats offense – “All these stocky white players look like an irish mob from Dorchester”
- Terrific Tom was not very terrific
- Ridley looked great and Green-Ellis looked like someone put the name Maroney on his jersey
- We need Darren Sharper
- The pass interference call in the 4th quarter when Josh Barret intercepted Fitzpatrick in the end zone was wrong (alot of choice words could go here)