Studs of the Game:
- Andre Carter
- He was pushing over lineman and drawing holding calls all day. Right now he is looking like the best off season signing (granted, it’s still preseason and we haven’t seen some of the other signings play yet).
- Danny Woodhead and BJGE
- Jerod Mayo
- Mayo was all over the place and applying loads of pressure on Josh Freeman and Co. Tremendous is the word Russel Goldman used to describe Mayo.
- Aaron Hernandez
- Hernandez, well, was Hernandez and played well. What can I say? He’s going to have a heck of a season.
Duds of the Game:
- There were not any players that stood out as duds to me…
Players Who Helped Themselves:
- Kyle Love
- Chad Ochocinco
- His first touchdown as a Patriot can be seen here
- Nate Solder
- Will Yeatman
- Stevan Ridley
- Mathew Slater
Players Who Didn’t Help Themselves:
- Jeremy Ross
- Kyle Arrington had a good game
- Ryan Mallet has landed back on Earth
- I’m still on the Brandon Meriweather hate train
- Pats signed James Ihedigbo. Did I mention he played for the Jets?
- This picture pretty much describes the Pats D most of the day
- Just wait till Haynesworth and Ellis play