HC Bill Belichick held a press conference today to discuss training camp, and other topics. Here is a recap of what he said and other Patriot news.
- Ty Warren and Nick Kaczur are day to day from what Belichick said “.. both missed a number of practices and are both being evaluated by our medical staff and we’ll see what comes of that”
- Leigh Bodden returned to the field from the knee injury he suffered last week during practice. He said the injury was of “no concerns”
- Gary Guyton did not return today from his minor knee injury
- Ron Brace is still on the PUP
On the Saints:
- Joint practice is to be held held soon on the practice field and the Patriots official start preparing for them today.
- Belichick on the Saints “Its a new year, but we know that they’re a great football team and it will be a good opportunity for us to compete against somebody that we know has a high quality of performance, coming off a great year …”
On Aaron Schobel:
- Belicheck was num on the issue saying “Nick [Caserio] and the personnel staff look at all the players out there. Any player that is not on the roster, we have evaluated and he has some kind of status with us, whatever the category, and there are a number of categories. That’s what the personnel staff does: they look at all the players. The ones that are on other teams, we keep track of them and the ones that aren’t on any team, we keep track of them”
- Derrick Burgess still has not shown up and Belichick doesn’t have an update for us today
You can watch the press conference here.