Last week’s match-up against the Dolphins definitely has me looking forward today’s game against San Diego, especially after watching the way they played in week one against Miami.
Seated at a table near some Miami fans, I cheered the Pats to a remarkable win in which Brady passed for a career high of 517 yards. Brady and the offense also helped me to win my first week of fantasy football, and sparked the excitement that I’m sure most of you have had about this team over the past several seasons.
As we head into today’s game, it’s time to welcome the San Diego Chargers to Gillette Stadium. The home opener will be intense and the Chargers are hungry for a “W” - a feat that has not occurred in Pats land since 2008.
Here are five quick thoughts on today’s game:
- Ochocinco - Will Chad step up and get more acclimated with the Patriots offense? Last week he was a bit of a let down- will he be able to make some catches to contribute to a Patriots win?
If all goes well we’ll see another big performance from Tom Brady today. (FILE:Icon/SMI)
- Point for Point – Will this matchup be down to the wire? Looking at games in the past, this match-up may be extremely close. Home field advantage will definitely give the Patriots an edge, and hopefully the fans answer Tom Brady’s call earlier this week and come ready to be loud.
- Brady vs. Rivers - Who will be the better QB? In previous years the two have been tied up for number of TD’s at any given point in the season. If all goes well, hopefully Brady picks up where he left off last Monday night and we see another big day from the offense.
- AFC Championship preview – This game may very well be a preview of a potential AFC Championship match-up. Both Brady and Rivers are hot and these two teams could be the contenders in the Conference at the end of the season.
- Defense, Defense - With both offenses in their prime, it will be up to the defenses to step up their game. How well will both teams protect their QB?
Kickoff is just a few hours away, and I’m looking forward to another Patriots victory. Bring on the Bolts!!!
Cheers & GO Patriots!