Selected:¬†Round 4,¬†130 overall
- Good vision, balance
- Takes care of the football, only two fumbles in 754 carries
- Excels in pass protection, willing blocker
- Shifty runner, short-area burst
- Tough, competitive, highly respected in Wisconsin’s program¬†
- Lacks top-end speed
- Undersized, short arms and small hands
- Does not push the pile
- Hasn’t shown the ability to be a feature back, split carries all four years
With Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen entering contract years, the Patriots were expected to take a running back or two in this year’s draft.¬†White should be able to contribute to the committee right away with his ability to pass protect. New England needed a backup third-dpwn back and White should fill that role.
The Wisconsin tailback has shared carries throughout his collegiate career, displaying excellent ball security. He maximizes runs, showing burst through the hole. He has not shown the ability to be a feature back and most likely won’t at the NFL level.
Do you have a Twitter account?¬†Be sure to follow me:¬†@PatriotsHaven!
Around the Internet: