After twelve weeks of regular season action, I decided to look into where the Patriots rank in various statistical categories. As teams across the league develop and hope to improve, the playoff picture is starting to come in focus.
Even though the Patriots have a 8 – 3 record, the season has been an emotional roller coaster filled with frustration and excitement.¬†For this edition of¬†Inside the Numbers, here is where New England ranks league wide. –
Bill Belichick and the Patriots continue to jockey for playoff position. (FILE:Icon/SMI)
– Total Offense: 429.5 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 2nd in the NFL.
– Points Scored: 30.1 points per game (331 total).¬†Currently ranked 3rd in the NFL.
– Passing:¬†319.1 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 2nd in the NFL.
– Rushing: 110.4 yards per game. Currently ranked 15th in the NFL.
– Penalty Yards: 591 yards this season.¬†Currently tied at 13th in the NFL.
–¬†Total Defense: 409.8 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 32nd in the NFL.
– Points Allowed: 20.3 (223 total) points per game.¬†Currently tied at 11th in the NFL.
–¬†Passing: 307.5 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 32nd in the NFL.
– Rushing: 102.4 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 12th in the NFL.
– Penalty Yards: 682 yards this season.¬†Currently ranked 28th in the NFL.
What are your thoughts on some of these statistics? Are these numbers misleading or do they portray what the Patriots have become to this point in the season? Share your thoughts below!
Do¬†you have a Twitter account?¬†Be sure to follow me: @PatriotsHaven!
Around the Internet: